St Mirren v Raith Rovers 22/3/16

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any other defenders we can add in to the six who played against Hibs to secure the 0-0 we're after?

Always looking at the negative side of things eh? We were hardly defending the whole game on Saturday.. We could have easily took one or two of our several second half chances and won more convincingly.

Davo is a CM as well as a CB.. McKinnon clearly likes playing Toshney at CM nowadays as he has done the last 5 or 6 weeks now.

Always looking at the negative side of things eh? We were hardly defending the whole game on Saturday.. We could have easily took one or two of our several second half chances and won more convincingly.

Davo is a CM as well as a CB.. McKinnon clearly likes playing Toshney at CM nowadays as he has done the last 5 or 6 weeks now.

Since Toshney has came into CM we have looked a lot more solid and the results have reflected that. McKinnon has always said in his interviews that he always looks to win games.

Saturday was a prime example, yes we played theoretically with 4 CB's however Toshney is the one who was up the pitch to score the goal.

Since Toshney has came into CM we have looked a lot more solid and the results have reflected that. McKinnon has always said in his interviews that he always looks to win games.

Saturday was a prime example, yes we played theoretically with 4 CB's however Toshney is the one who was up the pitch to score the goal.

I reckon you've quoted the wrong post mate. I agree exactly with what you are saying, thats why I was replying to the guy who thinks we're playing for 0-0's

Beware St.Mirren the team of giants are about to descend on your ground and play hoof ball. Connelly is like a little fluffing mascot beside the rest of them.

Pandemonium

St Mirren looked pretty dangerous going forward at Starks. If they don't defend as poorly then they must have a good chance of a win. Defeat at Starks aside they seem to have been winning their games.

We don't have hat-trick scoring Hardie for the next 3 games, so it'll be interesting to see how we go up front. Stewart as lone front man? Thomas as lone front man? Front pairing?

That said, over the last 8 matches we are only second to Rangers in the form guide. Hopefully we can keep on winning.

St Mirren looked pretty dangerous going forward at Starks. If they don't defend as poorly then they must have a good chance of a win. Defeat at Starks aside they seem to have been winning their games.

We don't have hat-trick scoring Hardie for the next 3 games, so it'll be interesting to see how we go up front. Stewart as lone front man? Thomas as lone front man? Front pairing?

That said, over the last 8 matches we are only second to Rangers in the form guide. Hopefully we can keep on winning.

Harry is available for selection tonight as well.

Any reason why Raith are such decent odds?

Aren't they on a bit of a run?

Could be because we have won 4 out of our last 5 home games with the other being a draw against Falkirk.

They will be without Hardie who scored a hat trick in their 4-3 win against us a couple of weeks ago.

I think it will be tight, maybe 1-1.

Beware St.Mirren the team of giants are about to descend on your ground and play hoof ball. Connelly is like a little fluffing mascot beside the rest of them.

Pandemonium

Why do you hate Raith Rovers so much?

Is it because since Falkirk came down to this league, the wee "hoofball team" have achieved more than your team of young superstars?

Totally conflicted in this one.  I may be supporting St Mirren hoping Raith drop points here to maintain our diminishing fourth place aspirations.

Mon the Sa........... nope I can't do it!

I reckon you've quoted the wrong post mate. I agree exactly with what you are saying, thats why I was replying to the guy who thinks we're playing for 0-0's

Yeah I was 🙈 clicked on the wrong post

The form is good under Rae. I'm sure I read the other day if the league started on the day he was appointed we'd be joint second or something. Meaningless stat granted, but a sign of how good a job he has done. Sadly Murray did so much damage in his time here that it's too late in terms of a playoff charge, but it bodes well for next season.

The turn around in fortunes in Paisley especially has been remarkable. Before he arrived we hadn't had one win at home all season in the league. In our last 5 games in Renfrewshire we have 4 wins and a draw.

I don't think we will lose this evening, it's certainly a bonus that Hardie is out for Raith, he pretty much beat us himself in Kirkcaldy. I think we will edge it 2-1, we do love a narrow one goal margin win.

The charge for 5th place is on!

Archived