Alloa Athletic v St Mirren Championship 26/3/16

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[quote name="alang1993" post="10305148" timestamp="1459028138

Not quite sure how Langfield kept out that shot that looked like a definite goal, will hopefully see that in the highlights.

Was right behind the goal at that time, top class save. He tipped another shot over the bar just a few minutes previous to that and also had a close range block in the goalmouth scramble straight after the ball had come back off the post. Turned what seemed like zero points into three, oh how we miss Scott Bain!

It's performances, and games like that, which make it seem inevitable that we just won't win at home this season no matter how well we play or hard we try. Definitely can't fault the effort the players put in today, was a great second half to watch even though it did ultimately end in increasingly familiar disappointment.

If Dumbarton could just down tools for our last fixture, just like they did last season, that'd be much appreciated.

Well that was daylight robbery. We were utterly awful in almost all areas of the park with the exception of Langfield. He pulled off two game-defining saves, one of which was incredible, and I still think we're lucky to have him. Kicking aside, I think all other aspects of his game are for the most part solid, and he's a better option than many of the other keepers in the league IMO.

I felt Alloa pressed well and on another day would have taken something. Yet that's another game we would surely have lost under Murray, and it's yet another ugly win ground out under Rae. But I'll take that all day long when taking our earlier season predicament into account.

The game was largely meaningless for both sides, and the only reason I went along was to tick Recreation Park/Indodrill Stadium off the list as I had never been. I thought it was a nice compact ground with a stunning backdrop to the Ochil Hills, ruined only by a horrendous pitch.

Would visit again. Now to overtake Morton and try to finish fifth, it's well within reach now.

That performance in the 2nd half was really positive stuff. If only we had a good finisher in the team. Although Langfield pulled off some good saves. Duffy was by far MOTM and should have scored.

First half was one of the worst 45mins I've witnessed by both teams. When our 20minute spell of battering St Mirren was over without a goal, you just knew they were gonna sneak a goal. Good to see Langfield turn round and say 'we dont deserve that' then followed by an Alloa fan 'You're a w****r, Langfield'. Guy was only trying to be nice.

Good to see Langfield turn round and say 'we dont deserve that' then followed by an Alloa fan 'You're a w****r, Langfield'. Guy was only trying to be nice.

Welcome to Alloa :)

Disappointing that we have didn't get the draw at least. Late goals in the last two home games have cost us 3 points, which is a lot in the context of us only getting 14 all season. At least the team are still battling and trying to improve our situation.

Thought the first half was really even and both teams were as bad as each other yesterday. None were able to take a foothold of the game or string together more than 4 passes. Draw was probably the fair result at half time.

In the second half we definitely looked much stronger, took the game to St Mirren and spent large spells in their final third. Again, not having an out an out striker who could score a decent amount of goals at this level has killed us.

Saying that, I'd definitely say the best player on the park yesterday was langfield some real top class saves that kept St Mirren in the game and with a different keeper I think we could've scored 2 or 3 goals.

That performance in the 2nd half was really positive stuff. If only we had a good finisher in the team. Although Langfield pulled off some good saves. Duffy was by far MOTM and should have scored.

First half was one of the worst 45mins I've witnessed by both teams. When our 20minute spell of battering St Mirren was over without a goal, you just knew they were gonna sneak a goal. Good to see Langfield turn round and say 'we dont deserve that' then followed by an Alloa fan 'You're a w****r, Langfield'. Guy was only trying to be nice.

Langfield has a wee bit of previous, when he was an utter cock when we were up at Pittodrie a few years back- giving it big licks to the small away support (fairly unnecessarily) after they beat us on penalties.

But full credit to him yesterday, that save was out of this world and he had a terrific second half.

Was in the Alloa end with some friends from your way. Was nice to hear the shit Langfield was giving our defence, including calling half of them lazy fucking b*****ds. Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks that.

I take it Langfield's decided to find another club for next season?   :lol:

He's done well in the last two and a half games. Seems to be more confident. I'd definitely sign him for next season.

Good Lord. Alright, sir, I'll take your word for it. I guess it took a while for Dougie Hill to turn into the indomitable beast he's become.

I take it Langfield's decided to find another club for next season? :lol:

Good Lord. Alright, sir, I'll take your word for it. I guess it took a while for Dougie Hill to turn into the indomitable beast he's become.

He's still got a year on his contract. I for one would like him to stay, especially for the coaching side of things.

Whats going on with Steven Thompson? Arguing with the bench and generally didnt appear to be giving too much of a toss when he came on as sub.

Too much sportscene

Whats going on with Steven Thompson? Arguing with the bench and generally didnt appear to be giving too much of a toss when he came on as sub.

Not sure really. He's hardly kicked a ball since Rae came in but wasn't really performing when Murray started him week in week out.

Sad to see the way it's ending for the legend but his good times outweigh the bad times in the stripes by far.

Archived