Alloa Athletic v St Mirren Championship 26/3/16

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it wrong that I feel confident for this game? The fact we are still without a win at home should dictate the way this game will go. I missed the game vs Morton but our last home game vs Raith Rovers left us with some positives to take away. The game was a bit of a borefest but they always seem to be when we play Raith. However, we kept shape well off the ball and were infront until the 90th minute.

One thing I hope this team can do is get one home win before the end of the season.

Gallagher

Finnie-Marr-Hill-Hamilton

Holmes-Flannigan

Crawford-Mcmanus-Hetherington

Duffy/Layne

Assuming we have a full team i'd go something along the lines of that, i'm not a fan of O'Brien at all so left him out.

Is it wrong that I feel confident for this game? The fact we are still without a win at home should dictate the way this game will go. I missed the game vs Morton but our last home game vs Raith Rovers left us with some positives to take away. The game was a bit of a borefest but they always seem to be when we play Raith. However, we kept shape well off the ball and were infront until the 90th minute.

One thing I hope this team can do is get one home win before the end of the season.

Gallagher

Finnie-Marr-Hill-Hamilton

Holmes-Flannigan

Crawford-Mcmanus-Hetherington

Duffy/Layne

Assuming we have a full team i'd go something along the lines of that, i'm not a fan of O'Brien at all so left him out.

I'm one of the guys who likes Megginson, links up well with Duffy. Would have him there instead of Crawford who just isn't good enough tbh

I'm one of the guys who likes Megginson, links up well with Duffy. Would have him there instead of Crawford who just isn't good enough tbh

I like Megginson too but for some reason he totally slipped my mind. I like Robbie as well but if there's a chance of Mitch staying next year I'd play him instead with Robbie only being a loan.

Thank god Alloa are in this league to get back some confidence. I'll miss them next season

Wouldn't begrudge you that given St Mirren have often provided such a service themselves.

From the way the manager and players spoke before we played Raith, and the subsequent effort they put into the game, they are clearly determined not to finish the season with no home wins. With our inevitable relegation, it's about all we have left to play for. 4 games left to break the duck, starting here.

Have St Mirren anything to play for at Alloa?

I'm backing Alloa here.

It's still not entirely out of the question we could end up eighth, although if you beat Livi on Saturday that would help us enormously.

It's still not entirely out of the question we could end up eighth, although if you beat Livi on Saturday that would help us enormously.

I would have taken 8th the day Rae was appointed. Livi are 9th... 10 behind us with 7 to play, with no head to heads. No chance both them and Dumbarton are overtaking us.

We don't have anything to play for here, and realistically neither do Alloa.

Still though, going to head through to this one. The Star Inn is my away day pub of the season, so that's the main motivation.

Would be nice for Rae to shake up the team a bit. Start Goody for Agnew and Thommo for Shankland, for old times sake.

Will go for 0-2.

Time to accept that Yahweh just doesn't want us to win at the Recs this season. Could be worse, considering some of the prior punishments He's inflicted.

Bobbity Craw was one of our busiest players in the first half of the season, but I don't think he's been missed at all. Lends credence to the idea that he wasn't really doing a whole lot despite all the running, I guess.

Any locals recommend decent boozers for food not far from station / ground that show the football? (Burton vs Oldham will be a classic - mark my words)

The old brewery is our haunt when visiting

Everything you need 5 mins from station and 10 from ground

Any locals recommend decent boozers for food not far from station / ground that show the football? (Burton vs Oldham will be a classic - mark my words)

Nothing much has changed in Alloa since the Pubs Near Your Ground thread was last updated. I'll be in the 'Spoons stuffing my sizable carcass like normal, so probably best to stay away unless that's an image you really want stuck in your mind   :P

Archived