Bankies v Cumnock

Larky55

Cumnock looked a decent side when I saw them the other week against Yoker. Some big lads at the back to make them solid and they can play a bit in the wide and forward areas. Still, Bankies are always a match for anyone at home and have kept plenty clean sheets. I'll say 2 nil home win, Kasubandi and Burbidge.

League form has been good though we don't seem to kill teams off often enough. Any kind of win in this game will go some way towards going straight back up.

Ross & Kingjad better be there!

Disappointing to have dropped points having been ahead twice. Looking at the highlights, we were unlucky not to get a penalty towards the end. Not the worst result but a home win would definitely have been a big result.

I feel that the highlights make the game look very one sided when this couldn't be further from the truth. On the way back to Cumnock on Saturday I was disappointed we hadn't taken all 3 points despite being behind twice as you mention. I thought the ref was very poor and ruined a good match. Cumnock for me dominated possession and had the better chances although ill agree after seeing the penalty claim at end again we got away with it. I thought we had a good shout for a penalty when McNeil went through however a free kick awarded outside the box and defender booked when it could have been deemed a last man challenge. Just my thoughts but pretty often we all wear tinted glasses when our team is concerned.

Decent crowd and some good football and we continue our unbeaten league run. Away the nock!

Here's the 2 penalty claims up together Ian. I think we were harshly dealt with on both occasions. On the McNeil incident you mention - there seems to be no contact and definitely outside the box - although the defender gets a yellow card. On our penalty claim at the end - Little was deliberately blocked by the defender and Little gets a yellow for simulation ... nah. However the ref has only an instant to process what he sees so cant be too damning in the indictmnent I s'pose

https://twitter.com/...3750273024?s=09          

I feel that the highlights make the game look very one sided when this couldn't be further from the truth. On the way back to Cumnock on Saturday I was disappointed we hadn't taken all 3 points despite being behind twice as you mention. I thought the ref was very poor and ruined a good match. Cumnock for me dominated possession and had the better chances although ill agree after seeing the penalty claim at end again we got away with it. I thought we had a good shout for a penalty when McNeil went through however a free kick awarded outside the box and defender booked when it could have been deemed a last man challenge. Just my thoughts but pretty often we all wear tinted glasses when our team is concerned. Decent crowd and some good football and we continue our unbeaten league run. Away the nock!

Very little between the top four. It is very tight. The sooner Cumnock get back to there home park the better to get the full backing of the town.

Very little between the top four. It is very tight. The sooner Cumnock get back to there home park the better to get the full backing of the town.

when r they going back 2 townhead? 1 of ma favourite away trips. Onto the game I thought was a very even game both teams putting in meaty challenges and as per we get a referee who is shite who spoiled the game. We shouldve had a pen at the end I dunno how he never gave it. We only had 12 fit players so a point is a good point against a decent nick side. Highlight of the day was the nock sub ginger hair ex arthurlie (can't remember his name) laughing as he walked off the park and was winding up some bankies fans who were going mental he's doing hand actions like he's winding them up n they bit like mad. Funny as.

Mon the papers.

Stood out as my game of choice for a neutral to head for, and I wasn't disappointed.

All the best to both clubs in their push for promotion.

On Yoker station platform afterwards I got chatting with a guy up from Englandshire on a cheap train ticket deal with his mates. The rest of them were just doing an all-day ale tour of Glasgow but he fancied a break so attended his first ever Junior game  - he was enthusing as to how much better than English non-league his afternoon had been.

Credit to the club for the programme cover marking the 75th anniversary of the Clydebank Blitz.

An interesting article inside too about the U17s receiving a lecture on the history of the club.

Took in Saturday's game, thought Cumnock edged it over the piece and although they came back twice probably leave a bit frustrated with only a point. The happiest side with the result I would imagine will be Largs!

Buffs wouldnae be too distraught either.

Buffs wouldnae be too distraught either.

Buffs have still to play both Largs & 'Nock at Abbey Park as these two games fell foul to the bad weather a few weeks back. Bankies have still to come to Kilwinning too.Buffs won there 2-4 earlier in the season. So,yes,as I posted on Friday,both Bankies & 'Nock dropping points on Saturday there,suits the Buffs.

still far too many games in such a short period of time to be played for any team to be considered favourites, u can say the draw between cumnock and clydebank benefitted the buffs, largs cumnock and clydebank will probably think of the benefits with kilwinning still being in the scottish cup so both have positives and negatives

If the Buffs run in the cup carries over into their league form, then Cumnock, Bankies and Largs should be worried.

However, as has happened in many cases, the cup form doesn't always transfer to the league and there are a few points to be lost by the teams at the top, so to early to write any teams off or say that teams are stick ons

I'm happy the way my team has been playing and we approach each game with confidence and will keep plugging away and I am confident we can get promoted

I can't remember cumnock having one single clear opportunity on goal from open play, a set piece and a penalty to get the goals and also that was 100% the most stonewall penalty I have ever seen that wasn't given at the end.

Its a true saying - every circus needs a clown

Are you trying to say that Bankies overran Cumnock as by my reckoning Bankies had a shot from the big no 10 ( I think) which was just over the bar early 1st half and a scrambled 1st goal and well taken 2nd by the boy with the beard

Other than that, the penalty shout near the end of the game was the only other moment of any note( which I would have been shouting for if it had been at the other end)

It was a midfield grind for most of the game which I think ( I'm going to say this anyway) was shaded by Cumnock . Might not have been the case if the Bankies captain had used his obvious skill to influence the game rather than diving at the slightest hint of any contact and trying to goad players into a reaction, particularly, Paul Burns, who was streets ahead of him all game

Archived