Ford v Kilbirnie

Larky55

Difficult to pick our best starting 11 when they're all fit but we can't buy a goal just now. As for Bennett on the left wing, he has bags of pace and strength with a great engine but who does he replace? Gold, McAleer, Raff? Personally I like to see a fit Brannan on the left flank but I think our problems are a finisher. Somebody in the mould of Jamie would see us romping these games.

Time to shuffle the pack I reckon. Play to your strengths and that doesn't mean just keep it tight. Football is about entertainment. Rob roy and pollok are scoring goals for fun.

We played with 3 up front 2 attacking wing backs and McAleer... hardly keeping it tight...we took the game to Hurlford. Strikers are not getting the ball inside the box, Forde is playing 20-30 yards from goals..no use that. When you are not scoring its easy to blame strikers, when your conceding easy to blame defenders. Defence/defensive mids are working fine...strikers/attacking mids are not. We have to get balls in for strikers to run onto,they are playing too much with their backs to goal,Grehan has played well last 2 games yet not had a shot on goal, midfield need to start getting ahead of strikers creating things and giving strikers a chance to get into the area and get a sight of goal. Anderson was outstanding... The best defender we had ...then we expect him to get forward and create...can't be done.

It was ever thus that a team needs combinations all over the pitch to win the Premier. It sounds like Ladeside are just missing those final links middle to front. I've not seen a team win this league without having at least one striker who runs in behind and two midfielders that can regularly break the back 4. It takes some doing to rack up 50 pts without those players in the team. You won't need 50 to win it this year mind.

Archived