Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is a way we could settle the whole who has more fans debate, and that is by using cold hard statistical facts as supplied by Hibeejibee. 

’11-12   ’12-13   ’13-14   ’14-15   ’15-16   ’16-17,

(to 1st Feb)

Celtic          50,904   46,917   47,079   44,585   44,850   55,183

Rangers         46,362   45,744   42,657   32,798   45,325   48,981

Hearts          13,381   13,163   14,123   15,985   16,423   16,419

Hibs             9,909   10,489   11,027   10,170    9,339   14,858

Aberdeen         9,297    9,611   12,918   13,359   13,094   12,577

Dundee Utd       7,482    7,547    7,599    8,113    7,969    7,105

In conclusion. Aberdeen are the 5th best supported side in a pish backwater league nobody else in Europe cares about. 

giphy.gif

Your statistics show the famous as having a higher attendance than hibs on average, mean and median.

However, we are going for quality not quantity, so we win anyway.

I can't do a smarmy gif so I will just say:

"up ye"

1 hour ago, coprolite said:

Your statistics show the famous as having a higher attendance than hibs on average, mean and median.

However, we are going for quality not quantity, so we win anyway.

I can't do a smarmy gif so I will just say:

"up ye"

What will the capacity of the proposed new Aberdeen stadium be? and when is it hoped to be built?

Please for the love of god, let it have a bigger capacity than Easter Rd. Will slash pages off the capacity w**k arguments on P&B :lol: 

11 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Mention crowds/supports/stadia and you will reel Paulo in with a host of verge of tears boasts, lies, stats and shitey kickback gifs.

The guy seriously needs to get a life, and his hole.

11 hours ago, Tartantony said:

He'd probably complain that there weren't enough people there to watch.

No, he'd be boasting there were more people watching him than watching the supporters of any other club.

What will the capacity of the proposed new Aberdeen stadium be? and when is it hoped to be built?

Please for the love of god, let it have a bigger capacity than Easter Rd. Will slash pages off the capacity w**k arguments on P&B [emoji38] 

I estimate 525 million litres.

estimated completion date is a running joke.

15 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Christ I skipped 5 pages and the same shite is still being posted. 

Anyway, rumours Hearts want to shift the Aberdeen game as stand won't be completed. Any truth?

It won't  be completed until next year.  The shell might be for the Aberdeen match though. 

17 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Shut up you saddle sniffing wee fanny.

^^ proven weirdo

17 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

So no actual hard facts there then? Just a few assertions. Good stuff. Enjoy finishing below us again

1db0551ff326c32909e38c175b019a3b.jpg

The facts and figures that show Hearts consistently draw bigger crowds than Aberdeen and have throughout history, yes.

An assertion, meanwhile, would be thinking Abeedeen are guaranteed to finish above Hearts off the back of struggling through a European tie against some Bosnian no-marks who leathered your fans.

16 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Does that mean you won't be slavering on about winning the Tennents Sixes?

I'll maybe adopt that stance about only caring about football I've experienced/lived through - 1 UEFA Super Cup, 1 UEFA Cup Winners Cup, 3 League titles, 6 Scottish Cups and 5 Scottish League Cups. (And 2 Tennents Sixes.)

The nursing home won't be far away for you, then. greggy.png

16 hours ago, Tartantony said:

What are you greeting about now?

In the past 18 seasons Killie have out averaged Dundee 9 times and thats even with them having to put up with a lot of shite from their chairman which has damaged their attendances over the past few years.

Even last season Dundee and Killie had the 7th and 8th highest attendances in the SPFL. Exactly were I placed them in my post.

As for proving Aberdeen have a bigger fanbase

1f94ffcf9c9b83c56b3a23507bce586d.jpg

fee92d3b06e2362357ac602186cfb67a.jpg

I await your apology

Dundee were out of the top flight for the best part of a decade while Killie regularly whore themselves to the Old Firm up to four times a season. Killie have won two trophies in the last twenty years, Dundee haven't won anything since the early '70s, but they're still and always will be the bigger club.

Using their first cup final for 14 years which got every woodwork 'fan' going crawling out to the game as some sort of proof? They handed back tickets in both their finals with Celtic last season and had empty seats in their end for one reason or another.

We had 40,000 against Gretna and were also limited by Hampden holding nearly 10,000 less than Celtic Park.

54 minutes ago, Elixir said:

^^ proven weirdo

The facts and figures that show Hearts consistently draw bigger crowds than Aberdeen and have throughout history, yes.

An assertion, meanwhile, would be thinking Abeedeen are guaranteed to finish above Hearts off the back of struggling through a European tie against some Bosnian no-marks who leathered your fans.

Dundee were out of the top flight for the best part of a decade while Killie regularly whore themselves to the Old Firm up to four times a season. Killie have won two trophies in the last twenty years, Dundee haven't won anything since the early '70s, but they're still and always will be the bigger club.

Using their first cup final for 14 years which got every woodwork 'fan' going crawling out to the game as some sort of proof? They handed back tickets in both their finals with Celtic last season and had empty seats in their end for one reason or another.

We had 40,000 against Gretna and were also limited by Hampden holding nearly 10,000 less than Celtic Park.

And Hearts have been counting tickets sold for years. The figures cannot be compared.

We were also limited to 43000 in 2014 and could have sold thousands more.

I do remember Hearts only having 8000 in the 2012 semi and failing to sell more than 10000 for a semi final in their own city though:thumsup2

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

^^ proven weirdo

Killie had a season during that time with 11 league crowds of over 10,000. Must have played the OF a lot back then eh?

3 hours ago, shootingboots said:

Anyway, rumours Hearts want to shift the Aberdeen game as stand won't be completed. Any truth?

The rumour was started by a pathetic fantasist on Hibs.net. This blokes obsessive hatred of Hearts must be a real concern to anyone that knows him.

It  does appear like a ridiculous amount of work has still to be done in a very short time scale, but those that are genuinely in the know are stating that everything is on track and that Hearts fans will be able to take their seats in the new stand for the Aberdeen game.

26 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

The rumour was started by a pathetic fantasist on Hibs.net. This blokes obsessive hatred of Hearts must be a real concern to anyone that knows him.

It  does appear like a ridiculous amount of work has still to be done in a very short time scale, but those that are genuinely in the know are stating that everything is on track and that Hearts fans will be able to take their seats in the new stand for the Aberdeen game.

If the scenario does come about @Mr. X that the stand isn't complete, would it still be played at Tynecastle with us restricted to one section to accommodate home fans, or would we be looking at a shift of venue?

Can't see us willingly giving up the game in between Christmas and New Year, as we haven't had a home New Year game since 2014-15, and we normally draw in an excellent corporate taking for that day.

4 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If the scenario does come about @Mr. X that the stand isn't complete, would it still be played at Tynecastle with us restricted to one section to accommodate home fans, or would we be looking at a shift of venue?

Can't see us willingly giving up the game in between Christmas and New Year, as we haven't had a home New Year game since 2014-15, and we normally draw in an excellent corporate taking for that day.

When Hearts get pumped their first 4 games and Cathro is almost punted it would be ludicrous not to accommodate them up at Pittodrie.  

14 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

If Aberdeen are not happy about switching,  I believe Budge said that Murrayfield would be used if Tynecastle is not ready.

6 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

If Aberdeen are not happy about switching,  I believe Budge said that Murrayfield would be used if Tynecastle is not ready.

I'd be surprised if we agreed to switch, unless Hearts somehow managed to financially compensate us fully on the lost corporate sales for the New Year game.

If it switched to Murrayfield, would it be a one off basis or would that mean playing all your first two rounds of home games there for "fairness"?

7 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Won't you boys not then have to play a whole round of fixtures at home against the rest of the league? 

2 hours ago, Elixir said:

Maybe so. Funnily enough, any Hearts fan the same age as I am who started going to football the same time as I did (1963), would have seen their team win the exact same amount of trophies as you have - 2. With the added bonus of seeing their side lose the league on the last day of the season twice, get relegated 4 times and go into administration.

I know which memories I'd rather have in the nursing home.

Archived