Hearts Stadium Development

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

That's a hell of a big IF

but theoretically yes

With the School now moved from behind the Roseburn stand you could replace it with something absolutely enormous there

The Wheatfield has more space behind it than when it was built so theoretically you could remove the roof and add a tier above it but it would be the kind of engineering project that would make the Club deck at Ibrox seem cheap and simple

The Gorgie end is the most boxed in of them all. It literally backs onto the walls of the tenement back greens on Gorgie Road. Older readers may remember that these flats got a free view of the game back in the days of terracing.

But I don't think we'll need to worry about that for a while

Think the old school is category 'B' listed. Not impossible to alter the old school site though, especially if a proposal was to put the building back into use somehow.  A new tier on the Wheatfield would be the most realistic way to expand if ever required. We would need to move part of the distillery building I would guess from the north west corner of the ground. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Elixir said:

We still averaged 16,500 in what was an utterly stinking season. Did Aberdeen even manage that under Fergie? Truly fantasy stuff for your wee provincial outfit.

That was tickets sold not attendance.

Think the old school is category 'B' listed. Not impossible to alter the old school site though, especially if a proposal was to put the building back into use somehow.  A new tier on the Wheatfield would be the most realistic way to expand if ever required. We would need to move part of the distillery building I would guess from the north west corner of the ground. 

But that alone isn't going to take us to 30,000

We're presumably doing all this in a hypothetical future where the Aga Khan, Bill Gates, Beyoncé and Chris Evans have signed up as big pledgers to Foundation of Hearts

I'd suggest turning the listed South facing exterior of the old school into an internal wall in the new concourse.

If we were building oth the Roseburn and the wheatfield higher then the northwest roof support pillar would become redundant allowing the corner that was "the shed" to rise again

But basically what we really need is a sliding roof

And a standing section

And a bean bag seating section

27 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We're presumably doing all this in a hypothetical future where the Aga Khan, Bill Gates, Beyoncé and Chris Evans have signed up as big pledgers to Foundation of Hearts

I'd suggest turning the listed South facing exterior of the old school into an internal wall in the new concourse.

If we were building oth the Roseburn and the wheatfield higher then the northwest roof support pillar would become redundant allowing the corner that was "the shed" to rise again

And a standing section

And a tartan rug knee covering, sweetie eating section.

42 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

And a standing section

Funnily enough when I had a look at the school on google maps there I was thinking that might be a solution. The undercroft of the stand could be glass which wraps around part of the building. The thing with listed building consents is to keep as much of the original building as possible rather than knocking bits down. 

14 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

And a tartan rug knee covering, sweetie eating section.

We've already got plenty of those types. 

I think there's a chance that NBD could move to an out of town site, allowing us to flatten the Wheatfield and rebuild a 20000 capacity stand/hotel (with a bowling alley, laser-quest and an underground car park at the very least) in it's place.

Would all hinge on how many more Lith's we could bump and the poppy thieving would obvs have to go into overdrive.

4 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I think there's a chance that NBD could move to an out of town site, allowing us to flatten the Wheatfield and rebuild a 20000 capacity stand/hotel (with a bowling alley, laser-quest and an underground car park at the very least) in it's place.

Would all hinge on how many more Lith's we could bump and the poppy thieving would obvs have to go into overdrive.

I've no qualms about the club stealing more from charity to fund this. In fact we should be proud that we are the most unscrupulous club in Scotland. Also save the children can f**k right off - we should get wonga back on the shirts. 

We definitely don't count non attending season ticket holders. The club put out a statement saying so after crowds were down on ticket sales.

As if an Aberdonian would pay for a season ticket and not use it.

You're a funny guy.

3 hours ago, KingswellsRed said:

That was tickets sold not attendance.

Vast majority of games after Laptop boy's appointment seemed to have more and more empty seats each time when watching on Sportscene. At our visit in April the home stands were two thirds full at a generous estimate, 'tis the nature of the beast in football, team is gash=dwindling attendences, our crowds took a hit during the downsizing years under Rocket Ronnie, Aberdeen rarely if at all filled Pittodrie last season but no doubting that Hertz and Ehburdeen can fill their stadiums regularly if they are doing the business on the pitch, whether that constitutes challenging us for the title or just playing good football and being a comfortable second like the Dons last season is another debate mind you but, in my opinion the level of support after us and Lance Armstrong FC both in average and potential is

1. Aberdeen

2. Hertz by a bawhair over Hibs

3. Dundee Utd

4. Dundee

5. Motherwell by a bawhair over Killie and Partick Thistle

6. Falkirk/St Mirren

7. Dunfermline

Rest being much of a muchness, St Johnstone and the Highland clubs in particular let down big time by their towns since cup wins and strong league showings

1 hour ago, HaikuHibee said:

Fucking laser quest? :lol: That's some state of the art pish. Hertz - what a joke club. :lol:

I come back on after getting confirmed PTSD from that Aberdeen post, and then read this.

m8, you know you can delete posts eh?

mccringe.png

Vast majority of games after Laptop boy's appointment seemed to have more and more empty seats each time when watching on Sportscene. At our visit in April the home stands were two thirds full at a generous estimate, 'tis the nature of the beast in football, team is gash=dwindling attendences, our crowds took a hit during the downsizing years under Rocket Ronnie, Aberdeen rarely if at all filled Pittodrie last season but no doubting that Hertz and Ehburdeen can fill their stadiums regularly if they are doing the business on the pitch, whether that constitutes challenging us for the title or just playing good football and being a comfortable second like the Dons last season is another debate mind you but, in my opinion the level of support after us and Lance Armstrong FC both in average and potential is
1. Aberdeen
2. Hertz by a bawhair over Hibs
3. Dundee Utd
4. Dundee
5. Motherwell by a bawhair over Killie and Partick Thistle
6. Falkirk/St Mirren
7. Dunfermline

Rest being much of a muchness, St Johnstone and the Highland clubs in particular let down big time by their towns since cup wins and strong league showings

I'd go

1. Celtic/ Rangers
2. Aberdeen
3. Hearts/ Hibs
4. Dundee Utd
5. Killie/ Dundee
6. Falkirk/ Dunfermline/ Motherwell/ St Johnstone
7. Thistle/ St Mirren/ ICT/ Ross County
8. Hamilton/ Morton/ Raith
9. QoS/ Ayr

Archived