Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A stand with over 7,000 will take the total capacity to just over 20,000. Apparently the design document has been leaked but I've only seen a few pages. It looks like there'll be a restaurant on the second floor with a view of the castle.

The current design looks pretty much the same as this, which was leaked a few months ago:

10271538_10206987821087863_5273543837465

Disappointed it'll only be 20,000. Looks good all the same.

We're hardly going to build a 10,000+ white elephant. I'm glad we're going to have a modern stand which fits in and doesn't look out of place.

If there was really any need for future expansion, then the Wheatfield and/or Roseburn could potentially be redeveloped.

I'll be honest with you mate. Easter Rd impresses me but I'm hoping Hearts do go for 25,000 capacity. They are certainly capable of filling it & it'll help them challenge a lot better.

Plus we don't have a ground suitable for hosting games that are to small for Celtic Park, Hampden or Ibrox....but are just about too big for Easter Rd. A 30,000 capacity stadium is needed somewhere but 25,000 would be the next best thing.

You mean Celtic semi finals where the opposition isn't Rangers?

We're hardly going to build a 10,000+ white elephant. I'm glad we're going to have a modern stand which fits in and doesn't look out of place.

If there was really any need for future expansion, then the Wheatfield and/or Roseburn could potentially be redeveloped.

I think Hearts could fill a 25,000 capacity. Certainly when they play Hibs, Celtic, Rangers & Aberdeen...& if things are going well at Tynecastle then easily 23,000 home fans.

What's that got to do with anything?.

What has 'we need a stadium with 25,000 for games too small for Parkhead or Ibrox' got to do with me saying they could just decrease the size of half empty Parkhead or Ibrox to achieve the 'needed' stadium?

Quite a lot I'd imagine. :1eye

What has 'we need a stadium with 25,000 for games too small for Parkhead or Ibrox' got to do with me saying they could just decrease the size of half empty Parkhead or Ibrox to achieve the 'needed' stadium?

Quite a lot I'd imagine. :1eye

Ffs.

I never even noticed that had been said, apologies.

Mrs Budge has said from the beginning that the new capacity will be between 20,000 and 21,000.  

It would be great if we could regularly get near to selling that out.

20,000 is fine. This season has been one of our highest uptakes for season tickets ever, and it'd be naive to expect us to sustain that. I'd much rather have close to a full house every week rather than chasing the sun for armchair fans, and preferably with giving away teams no more than half the Roseburn while at it.

I'm actually more excited about the extra corporate, renting possibilities and a supporters bar. If it goes well, we'll rake in a killing from that every season. 

A stand with over 7,000 will take the total capacity to just over 20,000. Apparently the design document has been leaked but I've only seen a few pages. It looks like there'll be a restaurant on the second floor with a view of the castle.

The current design looks pretty much the same as this, which was leaked a few months ago:

10271538_10206987821087863_5273543837465

Solar panel heating too! V impressed.

I think most hearts fans would agree but my previous point about cost and space can't be stressed enough.

Any future redevelopment is a long way away and would only be on stands behind the goals. Even this is currently unrealistic as the additional capacity would be modest and not justifiable with the cost of development.

Tynecastle will be a great stadium after the new main stand is built but will be unlikely to be used often as a neutral venue except when hibs are in a league cup semi final.

The pitch size of easter road will always make it a preferred choice for neutral and national team games.

The hearts fans desire to stay at tynecastle and land costs in Edinburgh left the club with no room for manoeuvre there.

All still extremely positive for hearts in my opinion. I can only imagine the atmosphere in big games once it's complete.

The priority was to replace a small stand with high maintenance costs and very little revenue-generating potential with a larger stand with the potential to generate income on non-matchdays, rather than to increase the capacity significantly.

We'd be unlikely to get 20,000+ crowds more than a handful of times a season 25,000 stadium would get filled once a year if we were lucky.

Archived