Hearts Stadium Development

7 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Do you have any actual source on this?

I got the figure wrong.

"During the year, the company purchased construction services from JB Contracts (Scotland) Limited amounting to £1,465,000 (2016 - £248,000). At 30 June 2017, the company owed JB Contracts (Scotland) Limited £200,000 (2016 - £240,000). Whilst there is a family connection between Dr A Budge and the director and controlling shareholder of this company, there are no shared business interests. The construction services were procured by our independent 3rd party Construction Manager, who was responsible for the evaluation, selection and appointment of suitable trade contractors, via a structured tender process. The Board are satisfied that the services were purchased on an arm's length basis."

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Darren said:

I got the figure wrong.

"During the year, the company purchased construction services from JB Contracts (Scotland) Limited amounting to £1,465,000 (2016 - £248,000). At 30 June 2017, the company owed JB Contracts (Scotland) Limited £200,000 (2016 - £240,000). Whilst there is a family connection between Dr A Budge and the director and controlling shareholder of this company, there are no shared business interests. The construction services were procured by our independent 3rd party Construction Manager, who was responsible for the evaluation, selection and appointment of suitable trade contractors, via a structured tender process. The Board are satisfied that the services were purchased on an arm's length basis."

I don't know how accurate it was but I'd read, on a fans forum so could be nonsense, they were apparently responsible mainly for the Wheatfield undercroft work and not so much the main stand.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Aye, cos anyone who dares criticise Hearts handling of this is a Hibs fan.  

No, because you dissect Hearts related material & present it like an obsessed hibby to suit your agenda

1 hour ago, The Ginger Prince said:

He’s a JKB mainstay who believes every Hibs fan posts on .net and shares the opinion of them.

That's what was already stated

One those contractors was Ann Budge's brother-in-law's firm.

Judging by their limited website and descriptions of being a carpenters and/or joinery business, the £1.5m they have raked in must be quite the deal for JB Contracts of Davidsons Mains.

Do you own a rival joiners business Darren?

1 hour ago, Craigie Jambo said:

No, because you dissect Hearts related material & present it like an obsessed hibby to suit your agenda

That's what was already stated

I'm guessing they once fell in love with a Jambo and had their heart broken

If they happen to be Caroline from Darvel then I can only apologise as this is all my fault

Archived