Hearts Stadium Development

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Hearts intend to film games from the main stand? I notice there is a tv camera thing there.

I think that is crates you are looking at? I expect the main camera gantry will stay in the Wheatfield. But could be wrong.

It's a big improvement on the previous press accommodation, if you were over 10 stone and your shoe size was bigger than a seven you were fucked.

But why 24 desks? Genuine question.
Commentators: BBC tv/BBC radio/Sky sports/BT sports/ Hearts media/Scott the stadium announcer/away side's media = 7
Writers: Evening News/Herald/Scotsman/Metro/Telegraph/The Mail/Sun/Record = 8
What are the other 9 desks for?

1 minute ago, Neiljb said:

Commentators: BBC tv/BBC radio/Sky sports/BT sports/ Hearts media/Scott the stadium announcer/away side's media = 7

Foreign press, for European or international matches.

Foreign press, for European or international matches.

I thought about that but it still seems a lot. You could bump the lesser writers into the stand with their laptops for the those types of games. Will be intetesting to see how many will be used in standard SPFL matches.

1 hour ago, Neiljb said:

I've seen the BBC take over press areas to the detriment of others (look at the size of Preston, McLaughlin for example).

At Falkirk for one game v's Raith Rovers the game was live on Alba and there was twenty seats reserved for some German TV company.

1 hour ago, Neiljb said:

TV commentators are always on the same side as the cameras, which means they'll still be in the Wheatfield Stand.

For, say, a visit of Celtic, Sevco or Hibs, BBC Radio Scotland will take up to 6 seats alone (presenter, commentator, 2x summarisers, Tom English/Richard Wilson and a producer). You then might have a reporter for Five Live, with their own producer, plus possibly IRN (again, with producer). So you're already up to 10 before the print media, and your own/visiting team's writers. Bear in mind as well that a lot of print media, especially for bigger games, have two reporters - one for the match report, and the other for "player ratings". 

So 24 desks can fill up quickly with the right opposition. 

Archived