Hearts Stadium Development

3 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

i take it the two stands behind the goals at tynecastle hold less than at ER? i'm sure the capacity of the stands behind the goals at Easter Road is around 3800, what's the Roseburn and Gorgie stand capacities? 

I think they're around the 3400 mark, probably wrong though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

And yet Hearts are going to need extra away fans to fill the new Tynecastle

IMG_0446.JPG

Only if we're doing really shite, but then our average support has clearly grown over the past few seasons. Before then, the bigger clubs - Hibs and the Old Firm - got the full stand anyway, and Hibs will always get it regardless. One way or another, though, the number of people turning up to watch football in the capital will only increase, as it continues to stagnate in your backwater area despite your best showing for a generation.

32 minutes ago, Hibeesbounce75 said:

i take it the two stands behind the goals at tynecastle hold less than at ER? i'm sure the capacity of the stands behind the goals at Easter Road is around 3800, what's the Roseburn and Gorgie stand capacities? 

I'm fairly sure the Roseburn holds 3,545 and the Gorgie holds 3,340. Again, that's about 130 or so less for each than when they were originally built.

20 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Only if we're doing really shite, but then our average support has clearly grown over the past few seasons. Before then, the bigger clubs - Hibs and the Old Firm - got the full stand anyway, and Hibs will always get it regardless. One way or another, though, the number of people turning up to watch football in the capital will only increase, as it continues to stagnate in your backwater area despite your best showing for a generation.

I'm fairly sure the Roseburn holds 3,545 and the Gorgie holds 3,340. Again, that's about 130 or so less for each than when they were originally built.

Forward thinking clubs like Aberdeen have cut the away allocation down. We can sell out Pittodrie without away fans like we will do on Thursday. Time will tell if Hearts are capable of doing the same.

42 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Forward thinking clubs like Aberdeen have cut the away allocation down. We can sell out Pittodrie without away fans like we will do on Thursday. Time will tell if Hearts are capable of doing the same.

Forward thinking such as whoring yourself to Celtic to block the change in the SPFL voting structure? 7dTWNk4.png

Well, considering we clearly have a bigger support than Aberdeen, as evidenced by our utter shoeing of your attendances for two decades now, it doesn't take a genius to figure out the answer to that one. Surely not bragging about selling out a European tie, btw. warnock.png

We also cut the Old Firm's allocation before Aberdeen did. Unlucky. greggy.png

33 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Forward thinking such as whoring yourself to Celtic to block the change in the SPFL voting structure? 7dTWNk4.png

Well, considering we clearly have a bigger support than Aberdeen, as evidenced by our utter shoeing of your attendances for two decades now, it doesn't take a genius to figure out the answer to that one. Surely not bragging about selling out a European tie, btw. warnock.png

We also cut the Old Firm's allocation before Aberdeen did. Unlucky. greggy.png

Aberdeen have a bigger fan base than Hearts. Hearts have a ceiling of about 16k home fans and will struggle to get much more than that. 

The same European rounds where Hearts could only get 14k at much cheaper prices:lol:

We cut the allocation for the last 3 seasons. I have yet to see Hearts do the same in a 20k ground.

IMG_0272.PNG

1 hour ago, KingswellsRed said:

Aberdeen have a bigger fan base than Hearts. Hearts have a ceiling of about 16k home fans and will struggle to get much more than that. 

The same European rounds where Hearts could only get 14k at much cheaper prices:lol:

We cut the allocation for the last 3 seasons. I have yet to see Hearts do the same in a 20k ground.

IMG_0272.PNG

You got mad sheep disease..?

1 hour ago, KingswellsRed said:

My word. dismay.png

Aberdeen are a provincial club that pull in an average of about 10,000 for run of the mill games even in a season like the last one. Where is the evidence of this 'ceiling' when it hasn't been physically possible for us to get any more fans into the ground?

Hearts had 21,000 season ticket applications in 2006 and pulled in crowds of 27,000 to 32,500 for our European games at Murrayfield. Funnily enough, one of those was against Siroki Brijeg. Our last two European ties before playing the IT company and the Maltese outfit last season were against Tottenham and Liverpool, so it's not at all surprising that plenty fans decided to keep their powder dry.

We cut the Old Firm's allocation in 2014 - and back in 2006 and 2007. I'm sure when your kiddy-on rivalry with them comes to an end and you're back scrambling around the bottom six in front of about 7,000 punters and your woodwork fans are back in their boxes you'll be reconsidering your position.

10 minutes ago, Elixir said:

My word. dismay.png

Aberdeen are a provincial club that pull in an average of about 10,000 for run of the mill games even in a season like the last one. Where is the evidence of this 'ceiling' when it hasn't been physically possible for us to get any more fans into the ground?

Hearts had 21,000 season ticket applications in 2006 and pulled in crowds of 27,000 to 32,500 for our European games at Murrayfield. Funnily enough, one of those was against Siroki Brijeg. Our last two European ties before playing the IT company and the Maltese outfit last season were against Tottenham and Liverpool, so it's not at all surprising that plenty fans decided to keep their powder dry.

We cut the Old Firm's allocation in 2014 - and back in 2006 and 2007. I'm sure when your kiddy-on rivalry with them comes to an end and you're back scrambling around the bottom six in front of about 7,000 punters and your woodwork fans are back in their boxes you'll be reconsidering your position.

Well you didn't sell out many games last season and when you did it was only just before the game. 

I am sure we would have sold more than the figures you quoted in our 2007/08 European run if we had the capacity.

Aberdeen turnover £13 million compared to what £9m for Hearts.

23 minutes ago, Elixir said:

My word. dismay.png

Better than scrambling around the bottom one, which you've managed on more than one occasion.

Bigger ground, bigger attendances, more relegations, more promotions - is there no end to the "shoeings" you give the Dons?

Oh, aye, less major honours despite getting a 27 year head start.

So to recap.....

Aberdeen have a bigger fan base than Hearts.

Anything lower than 4th will be a disaster for Hibs this season.

Who needs to spend money educating kids on the dangers of drugs when you can just let them browse the Heart of Midlothian page on P&B?

10 minutes ago, thekorean said:

IF they needed to, can Tynecastle be expanded to 30k or so? Can other stands be expanded?

Only realistic way to increase capacity further would be to take the roof off the Wheatfield and put another tier on. Could possibly do the same on the main stand one day but current planning permission wouldn't allow us to go any higher. 

Corners can only be filled in by taking all the roofs off as the corner towers hold them up. That wouldn't add many more seats though due to it being so steep so probably not worthwhile.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Who cares? Hearts are fucking gash on the pitch and will be for the foreseeable future.

Minter.

Will we? Our turnover will substantially increase once the new main stand is fully finished and operating. We'll then have our stadium completed, and one of the best in the country at that, while Aberdeen will need to start turning attention to getting out of Pittodrie and how to find the money for your soulless new home in f**k knows where.

59 minutes ago, KingswellsRed said:

Well you didn't sell out many games last season and when you did it was only just before the game. 

I am sure we would have sold more than the figures you quoted in our 2007/08 European run if we had the capacity.

Aberdeen turnover £13 million compared to what £9m for Hearts.

We still averaged 16,500 in what was an utterly stinking season. Did Aberdeen even manage that under Fergie? Truly fantasy stuff for your wee provincial outfit.

You handed tickets back to Celtic for your cup finals last season and had empty seats behind the goals ffs.

Turnover figures can be put down to our decrepit old main stand and the lack of year round income it simply couldn't generate. Our new main stand, combined with returning all of our hospitality, merchandising and corporate business in-house like Aberdeen means that disparity won't exist any more. You have also had substantial cup runs in recent seasons which contributes a great deal to that figure. We haven't.

41 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Better than scrambling around the bottom one, which you've managed on more than one occasion.

Bigger ground, bigger attendances, more relegations, more promotions - is there no end to the "shoeings" you give the Dons?

But Aberdeen have finished rock bottom and should have been relegated. It's utterly laughable to suggest such a position should not have resulted in relegation, with only a nonsense ruling saving your arse.

A shithole, falling to bits ground that needs replaced with a pointless hell in the middle of nowhere - with continued pathetic attendances.

Oh, and a lone League Cup in the last 20-odd years to go with it.

IF they needed to, can Tynecastle be expanded to 30k or so? Can other stands be expanded?

That's a hell of a big IF

but theoretically yes

With the School now moved from behind the Roseburn stand you could replace it with something absolutely enormous there

The Wheatfield has more space behind it than when it was built so theoretically you could remove the roof and add a tier above it but it would be the kind of engineering project that would make the Club deck at Ibrox seem cheap and simple

The Gorgie end is the most boxed in of them all. It literally backs onto the walls of the tenement back greens on Gorgie Road. Older readers may remember that these flats got a free view of the game back in the days of terracing.

But I don't think we'll need to worry about that for a while

5 minutes ago, Elixir said:

. You have also had substantial cup runs in recent seasons which contributes a great deal to that figure. We haven't.

But Aberdeen have finished rock bottom and should have been relegated. It's utterly laughable to suggest such a position should not have resulted in relegation, with only a nonsense ruling saving your arse.

A shithole, falling to bits ground that needs replaced with a pointless hell in the middle of nowhere - with continued pathetic attendances.

How come a great big huge team like Hearts haven't had "substantial cup Runs"? Maybe your not as big as you think you are.

Rules are rules.

46 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Just as well we've won only 1 League Cup in the last 20 years, it's given you a chance to catch up. Which you haven't.

11 minutes ago, Elixir said:

We've finished rock bottom twice, and didn't get relegated on either occasion. :)

Doesn't the Gorgie hold significantly less due to the top left hand corner (facing from the roseburn) being brought in because of the flats behind?

Archived