Hearts Stadium Development

You can still see the castle, tbf. They should stick tables and chairs on the roof of the stand with a few barriers and let you take bev up. Then you'll see everything. 8)
Anyway:
DEs1ouTXkAEwAUC.jpg
Shame we'll never regain the original front rows we lost from the Gorgie and Roseburn. It's about 250 seats or so in total.

Can someone tell Budge to get some new maroon seats in the Roseburn and get rid of that bloody steward banner. There's hundreds of seats hiding under there. Don't understand why clubs don't just erect a fence or hire a line of stewards like they do in England if they want to segregate fans.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone tell Budge to get some new maroon seats in the Roseburn and get rid of that bloody steward banner. There's hundreds of seats hiding under there. Don't understand why clubs don't just erect a fence or hire a line of stewards like they do in England if they want to segregate fans.

A rare advantage Pittodrie has over Tynecastle: a big f*ck off metal fence, ideal for close range goading.

On 7/14/2017 at 18:56, Elixir said:

You can still see the castle, tbf. They should stick tables and chairs on the roof of the stand with a few barriers and let you take bev up. Then you'll see everything. 8)

Anyway:

DEs1ouTXkAEwAUC.jpg

Shame we'll never regain the original front rows we lost from the Gorgie and Roseburn. It's about 250 seats or so in total.

Can't wait to see the video they're making about the lawn mower and line marker. I know things can be a bit quiet this time of year but come on.

Can't wait to see the video they're making about the lawn mower and line marker. I know things can be a bit quiet this time of year but come on.

Video? Video?

This is going to form the basis of an avante garde opera/contemporary dance fusion piece on the festival.

Probably the second greatest opera written about the heart of Midlothian ever

25 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Video? Video?

This is going to form the basis of an avante garde opera/contemporary dance fusion piece on the festival.

Probably the second greatest opera written about the heart of Midlothian ever

I take it that'll be the Cuore Spezzato: L'amore fallito tra un tosaerba motorizzato e un marcatore non meccanico de linea by Laibach and Ashley Banjo. If it's being premiered at the Festival as rumoured could you get me a couple of tickets please?

What's the capacity of it compared to the Wheatfield?  Looks very similar in terms of steepness but obviously hard to tell without any seats.

Reckon it'll be ready for September but there won't be much room for any delays looking at those photos.

28 minutes ago, Mr Sugden said:

What's the capacity of it compared to the Wheatfield?  Looks very similar in terms of steepness but obviously hard to tell without any seats.

Reckon it'll be ready for September but there won't be much room for any delays looking at those photos.

They did have figures. In total, its less than Hibs, by like one fifty.

Just now, Falcor Roar said:

I hope we end up with either 1 seat less or 1 seat more than Hibs just for the seethe that would generate from people who care about these things. 

We could have a specific section for supporters with low BMI's ergo squeezing in a couple of hundred extra seats.

13 hours ago, Mr Sugden said:

The Wheatfield holds just under 6,000, although there may be scope to reclaim a small number of seats at the back under the TV gantry which had previously been used by journalists I think, due to facilities in the new stand.

The new stand itself holds a bit under 7,500. It's slightly less steep than the Wheatfield because regulations have changed since it's construction but I'm fairly sure it's the maximum of what's allowed today. That's also meant an extra seven rows of seats have been added compared to it.

Overall capacity has been stated as 20,099.

16 minutes ago, Elixir said:

The Wheatfield holds just under 6,000, although there may be scope to reclaim a small number of seats at the back under the TV gantry which had previously been used by journalists I think, due to facilities in the new stand.

The new stand itself holds a bit under 7,500. It's slightly less steep than the Wheatfield because regulations have changed since it's construction but I'm fairly sure it's the maximum of what's allowed today. That's also meant an extra seven rows of seats have been added compared to it.

That's a fair size difference and enough to distinguish it from the rest of the stadium.  Most jambos I know are relocating to the new stand and are paying about £100 extra.

And as much as Gorgie is a shithole at least it's not out at Hermiston Gait or some god awful brown site with no pubs.

The final row in the new stand won't look or seem any higher than the final row in the Wheatfield, if that makes sense. Also, the lower section below the walkway will have ten rows, compared to eight in the Wheatfield and seven in the Gorgie and Roseburn - which were also eight before we had to remove the original front row for UEFA regulations. Like I said earlier in the thread, it's a shame as that's an extra 125 seats or so from each stand, but Tynecastle's footprint has always been extremely confined.

That's a fair size difference and enough to distinguish it from the rest of the stadium.  Most jambos I know are relocating to the new stand and are paying about £100 extra.
And as much as Gorgie is a shithole at least it's not out at Hermiston Gait or some god awful brown site with no pubs.

Gorgie is slowly improving. In few years there will be gift shops with hideously expensive birthday cards and wooden toys.

1 hour ago, Elixir said:

And yet Hearts are going to need extra away fans to fill the new Tynecastle

IMG_0446.JPG

Archived