Hearts Stadium Development

Good news coming out of Tynecastle today.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/5056

Not got a lot of time for Hearts but Ann Budge seems to be doing a good job there & as a Scottish football fan, as much as I hate Hearts as a club, we really need them, Aberdeen & Hibs to tap into their large fan base & grow as a club, if we want to see Scottish football go forward.

I look forward to seeing what further developments come from Tynecastle on this front.

Do any of the Jambos know what the expected attendance will be?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you mean what the new capacity will be, it's over 7,000.

As it says on the link you posted. :1eye.

It does but 'over 7000' & 'in excess of 20,000' could mean anything. Just asking because I'm sure when I read the talk about this previously, they were talking about 25,000 capacity.

Second biggest footballing venue in Edinburgh kinda getting with the modern times - well done Hearts and the support who are funding this.

I'll be honest with you mate. Easter Rd impresses me but I'm hoping Hearts do go for 25,000 capacity. They are certainly capable of filling it & it'll help them challenge a lot better.

Plus we don't have a ground suitable for hosting games that are to small for Celtic Park, Hampden or Ibrox....but are just about too big for Easter Rd. A 30,000 capacity stadium is needed somewhere but 25,000 would be the next best thing.

If Hearts, the club, don't have exact figures to hand as of yet, why would posters on Pie and Bovril?

Hearts fans will be aware of the talk around the stadium more than what I or any non-Hearts fan will. There is what the club can say officially & what gets leaked out unofficially.

A stand with over 7,000 will take the total capacity to just over 20,000. Apparently the design document has been leaked but I've only seen a few pages. It looks like there'll be a restaurant on the second floor with a view of the castle.

The current design looks pretty much the same as this, which was leaked a few months ago:

10271538_10206987821087863_5273543837465

Archived