St Patrick's day

Romeo

Vast majority of people I know that went out 'celebrating' are Students, don't think they'll be out on the 12th July for some reason.

They'll be on holidays?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vast majority of people I know that went out 'celebrating' are Students, don't think they'll be out on the 12th July for some reason.

Yer wrong , the garage are adopting a new marketing strategy of offering 16.90 entry and drinks and a night of flute bands playing avicci and Calvin Harris to entice the student population

You heard it here first

Why would they be? St Patricks day and the 12th are in no way comparable occasions. Guinness rake in a fortune from one and spend it on the other for a start...

You left your self as a sitting duck though - i had thought of many other possible replies on my bus journey home and that was the best i came up with.

You seem to talk about the Three Sisters an awful lot also for someone who claims its full of chavs- i think its a guilty pleasure of yours. :ph34r:

More of a sitting duck than when you churn out the fibs?

I genuinely haven't been in the three sisters since 2008. It was shite and full of wee neds. You don't need my approval if you want to go there though.

Having previously ran a couple of pubs and clubs in Manchester I can safely say I hate St Patricks Day.

It's a Guinness Festival more than anything else they seem to have taken over the whole thing.

It can be quite a good time if it's in midweek, people don't tend to get too rat arsed when they have work the next day, but if it's on a Friday it's fukn horrendous.

As a true Scot I always celebrated, and made sure my pubs did so as well, Burns night.

I always considered that as the Scots equivalent of St Patricks Day, more so than St Andrew's day.

Funnily enough no-one ever complained when my pubs were festooned with Irish flags on St Patricks day, but several complaints were made when I had a Lion Rampant behind the bar on St Andrew's day.

I know I make myself a sitting duck! I go there from time to time but never for any big events. Get cheap drinks there when I go with my uni chums and go for the fringe but not really my neck of the woods.

Horses running through council estates, toothless simpletons, badly tarmacced drives, men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings.

And rocks, lots of rocks.

Is that not Wishaw you're talking about?

Might as well trot out the joke I tell every year. 

"What did St Patrick say as he was driving the snakes out of Ireland?"

"Are yous alright in the back there?"

Sadly only one greenie can be given.

Yer wrong , the garage are adopting a new marketing strategy of offering 16.90 entry and drinks and a night of flute bands playing avicci and Calvin Harris to entice the student population

You heard it here first

That would be some fucking site. :lol:

I wasn't wanting any bites - I had explained it but decided to edit my post down a bit as I was staring the obvious.

17 th March - worst of winter over, Easter round corner, days getting longer and perhaps just a Spring piss up when you haven't had time off work for ages.

30 th November - middle of winter, Christmas round corner so need to save up for nights out there and presents, also the Christmas spirit hasn't quite began yet and weather is shite and dark.

Just my personal opinion as to perhaps why we don't celebrate it quite like the Irish celebrate St Patrick's day.

There's Tartan Day - that shameless marketing exercise each April that involves high camp shortbread tinism in places that aren't Scotland.

Sadly for many of the knuckle dragging bigoted masses in Scotland, celebrating St Patricks Day is equivalent to celebrating the 12th July and vice versa.

Indeed, clearly St Patrick's Day is an excuse to go falling about shitfaced drunk in the streets wearing silly clothes and ...

There's Tartan Day - that shameless marketing exercise each April that involves high camp shortbread tinism in places that aren't Scotland.

I have genuinely never heard of this.

1st April, is it?

Archived