St Patrick's day

Romeo

Today I have seen 2 cars with stick on clover things and kids in a school playground with green hats that they'd obviously made.

St Andrews day passes with hardly a mention. Why do people here feel the need to celebrate this so much, the USA goes fucking apeshit for this nonsense.

Do any P&Bers celebrate this?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe people would bother their arse celebrating St Andrews Day if we were a real country and not some shitey region of Britain.

I've had the Wolfe Tones and The Dubliners on all day and I'm away home to a fridge full of Guinness.

#GBTI

Today I have seen 2 cars with stick on clover things and kids in a school playground with green hats that they'd obviously made.

St Andrews day passes with hardly a mention. Why do people here feel the need to celebrate this so much, the USA goes fucking apeshit for this nonsense.

Do any P&Bers celebrate this?

No.

I once read the Confessions of St Patrick. I was expecting the written equivalent of the Confessions of a Window Cleaner type films from the 70s. 

Twas a bit of a letdown tbh. There were are a few references to virgins and there is a line about sucking breasts and I perked up a bit, only to discover he was talking about men's breasts. 

So not very saucy, but slightly kinky. 

http://www.cin.org/patrick.html

Pisses me off when people say "You have to go out on St Paddys" or "It's an excuse to go out". You don't need an excuse to go out, if you want to go out then fucking go out. You especially don't need the excuse of a made up "holiday" to drink a beer you don't even like.

Stick your diddlie dee stuff up your arse.

Sunday Bloody Sunday. What a great song. It really encapsulates the frustration of a Sunday, doesn't it? You wake up in the morning, you've got to read all the Sunday papers, the kids are running round, you've got to mow the lawn, wash the car, and you just think 'Sunday, bloody Sunday!.

DARE'S MORE TO OIRELAND DAN DIS

Go to the Barrowlands most St Patricks days so I will be in the Saracen head or the squirrel or some other paramilitary hang outs. I'm not into all this kiddy on Irish malarkey just going to see a band that play there every year.

Is it still open? :unsure2:

Archived