St Mirren v Sevco 2012 at The Paisley 1690 Stadium 1/5/16

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've heard from a couple of different people that the police had a big influence in the decision.

Our season is virtually over now. This game is the last of the season and they would have been buying tickets for the family stand and the main stand anyway. The cops knew this, as did the club. It's the correct decision and one that makes total financial sense.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Blue pound > Boo pound IMO

It's all about the dosh... A business has to survive, simple really, what Scottish club is going to turn down potential 30k because it would inconvenience some home supporters. These supporters who have bought ST should understand that the club needs the money. I'd rather see people with blue or green scarves rather than black, white or even red plastic seats?

Smell the coffee moment for me!

There will still be plenty of empty seats. I do not personally know one St Mirren season ticket that is going to the game. Some mates are even taking the opportunity to go to a game in Engerland this weekend. Two main reasons for not going  - 1, they do not want to hear songs of hate from all sides of the stadium for 90 mins and 2, our season is over and they do not want to witness a party by opposition supporters in our own stadium.

There will still be plenty of empty seats. I do not personally know one St Mirren season ticket that is going to the game. Some mates are even taking the opportunity to go to a game in Engerland this weekend. Two main reasons for not going - 1, they do not want to hear songs of hate from all sides of the stadium for 90 mins and 2, our season is over and they do not want to witness a party by opposition supporters in our own stadium.

#respect

The media tells me it's great Rangers are back in the top tier.

It's only great if your team is not in the top tier.

There will still be plenty of empty seats. I do not personally know one St Mirren season ticket that is going to the game. Some mates are even taking the opportunity to go to a game in Engerland this weekend. Two main reasons for not going - 1, they do not want to hear songs of hate from all sides of the stadium for 90 mins and 2, our season is over and they do not want to witness a party by opposition supporters in our own stadium.

i know loads of buds who are going,myself included.

There will still be plenty of empty seats. I do not personally know one St Mirren season ticket that is going to the game. Some mates are even taking the opportunity to go to a game in Engerland this weekend. Two main reasons for not going  - 1, they do not want to hear songs of hate from all sides of the stadium for 90 mins and 2, our season is over and they do not want to witness a party by opposition supporters in our own stadium.

Always amazes me how precious supporters become when the Rangers visit.

Just boo like f*ck, as usual, to drown out the noise and bite your bottom lip to stop it trembling.

Job's a good 'un.

Maybe being up to your knees is banter in your eyes but I have lived in the West of Scotland all my life and the sectarian bile is sickening. Guys that are normally decent turn into piles of hate when religion/football is brought up. Listen to it or go to Blackpool for the weekend and have a laugh? Blackpool wins. Enjoy guarding your walls.

Maybe being up to your knees is banter in your eyes but I have lived in the West of Scotland all my life and the sectarian bile is sickening. Guys that are normally decent turn into piles of hate when religion/football is brought up. Listen to it or go to Blackpool for the weekend and have a laugh? Blackpool wins. Enjoy guarding your walls.

Awww that's a wee shame.

I am in agreement with you Saints fans. I support Raith and same thing happened to us. I detest the vitriol that comes from their bigoted mouths. I live in Derry which is where they sing about yet the orange b*****ds insist it is called Londonderry. They are so fucked up.

Archived