A weird smell

jimbaxters

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jackd steaming into another thread in his usual arrogant manner.

The guy just seems so arrogant and tends to come across as very down looking on other clubs.

I'm sure he is so used to it now that he doesn't even realise it.

If people are going to slate us then I'll do it back :)

Pollok get all sorts favourable fixtures, decisions in games extra financial help with all the finals being held at Newlands field. It's not an opinion just a fact.Everyone know its

Have you heard we are at home in both legs in the semi and I'm the ref? :)

Pollok get all sorts favourable fixtures, decisions in games extra financial help with all the finals being held at Newlands field. It's not an opinion just a fact. Everyone know its

My understanding is that the finals are held at Newlandsfield as part of an agreement with the sponsor, as they are Pollok supporters ? I could be wrong about that.

My understanding is that the finals are held at Newlandsfield as part of an agreement with the sponsor, as they are Pollok supporters ? I could be wrong about that.

It shouldn't be the case though. That's basically sponsors blackmailing the West region to giving Pollok a financial leg up year on year. Newlandfield is a great venue but look at the investment in Auckinleck for example or dare I say meadow when our pitch was excellent. These clubs deserve to have finals too.

FIFA got shut down for less!!!

It shouldn't be the case though. That's basically sponsors blackmailing the West region to giving Pollok a financial leg up year on year. Newlandfield is a great venue but look at the investment in Auckinleck for example or dare I say meadow when our pitch was excellent. These clubs deserve to have finals too.

FIFA got shut down for less!!!

I think this has come up before - there seems to be a perception that hosting finals is a big earner.

Obviously it's nice to be asked, but unless there's going to be a huge crowd a host club getting 10% of the gate which is the going rate for hosting a final isn't going to be a financial game changer. With a crowd of 3-400 it might only be worth a couple of hundred quid to the hosts - for a lot of top tier sides, that'll only pay that week's wages for a few players.

I think this has come up before - there seems to be a perception that hosting finals is a big earner.

Obviously it's nice to be asked, but unless there's going to be a huge crowd a host club getting 10% of the gate which is the going rate for hosting a final isn't going to be a financial game changer. With a crowd of 3-400 it might only be worth a couple of hundred quid to the hosts - for a lot of top tier sides, that'll only pay that week's wages for a few players.

oh right so pollok get a few players wages paid while other clubs use there own cash 😂 I can see how that's fair. The finals should be moved around its that simple.

oh right so pollok get a few players wages paid while other clubs use there own cash I can see how that's fair. The finals should be moved around its that simple.

Wasn't saying it was fair - I agree they should be moved around a lot more than they currently are, though obviously there are places that are either sufficiently out of the way or lacking in infrastructure that it rules them out.

Point I was making was that in superleague terms, the amount of cash it's making for the club isn't a gamechanger.

Plus these's a certain amount of cost and a LOT of work involved for the host club in finals - preparing the pitch, manning the turnstiles, providing hospitality and clearing up afterwards. Not exactly a poisoned chalice, I'll admit, but not money for old rope either.

And it's only the West of Scotland Cup that's sponsored by a Pollok supporter, not the Sectional, Central or Evening Times.

Having said that, I also agree that it would be fairer if other clubs got to host finals - maybe on a rota basis.

Maybe a change coming, the Sectional cup final was held at Cambuslang this season

I don't recall the sectional final ever being at Newlandsfield anyway, so not all finals are held there, however that doesn't suit the agenda on how this thread has turned.

Archived