Here come the girls?

tamthebam

Interesting to note the officials currently appointed to next week's Preston V Dalbeattie game:

Ferrari Packaging Lowland League

Tue 22-Mar-16

Preston Athletic v Dalbeattie Star

Pennypit Park

7.45pm

Lorraine Clark - Referee

Vikki Allan - Assistant

Fiona Morton - Assistant

There were all female officials at a Camelon game in the East Juniors last year but this would be the first time in the Lowland League.

Lorraine Clark usually does Fife/East Junior games as well as running the line in the Scottish League, Vikki Allan does a lot of Lowland League games (incurring the wrath of Sir Peter last week at Peffermill we hear) and Fiona Morton has done East of Scotland and East Juniors in recent seasons so all fairly experience officals.

Interesting to note the officials currently appointed to next week's Preston V Dalbeattie game:

Tue 22-Mar-16

Pennypit Park

7.45pm

Lorraine Clark - Referee

Vikki Allan - Assistant

Fiona Morton - Assistant

There were all female officials at a Camelon game in the East Juniors last year but this would be the first time in the Lowland League.

Lorraine Clark usually does Fife/East Junior games as well as running the line in the Scottish League, Vikki Allan does a lot of Lowland League games (incurring the wrath of Sir Peter last week at Peffermill we hear) and Fiona Morton has done East of Scotland and East Juniors in recent seasons so all fairly experience officals.

Tam this has really got to stop ... rumour has it Pedro couldn't get close for you shuffling up and down the line behind her :lol:

Lorraine Clark covered WW v Spartans in sept 2014 and many people thought she was out of her depth, with players and fans shouting that she was spoiling the game. However I've seen her a few times since and she's been OK.

post-23798-0-69624700-1458049413_thumb.j

Tue 22-Mar-16

Pennypit Park

7.45pm

Lorraine Clark - Referee

Vikki Allan - Assistant

Fiona Morton - Assistant

Is this the first time there has been an all women team of refs in professional game?

No, at a Camelon game towards the end of last season Lorraine Clark, Kylie McMullan and Hayley Irvine were the officials and I'll count the Juniors as being part of the professional game - they get paid after all  ;)

It would be the first time in the Lowland League though. 

Tam this has really got to stop ... rumour has it Pedro couldn't get close for you shuffling up and down the line behind her :lol:

I have an alibi Mr Nesbit- I was at Gilbert and Sullivan at the Kings' Theatre last Wednesday (ooh, get him). My perverted City colleague on the other hand... 

No, at a Camelon game towards the end of last season Lorraine Clark, Kylie McMullan and Hayley Irvine were the officials and I'll count the Juniors as being part of the professional game - they get paid after all  ;)

It would be the first time in the Lowland League though. 

Juniors are in non-profesional game. slfl spfl and shfl are professional game so is this a first????? 

Juniors are in non-profesional game. slfl spfl and shfl are professional game so is this a first????? 

An irrelevant and paper-based differential - most clubs in Lowland League are fully amateur while most Junior clubs at a similar level of stature are paying all players.

Decent game tonight- Preston opened the scoring after about 25 secs but Dalbeattie scored 4 including a rather good free kick. Ms Clark kept her cards in her pocket until late on when a Preston player was dismissed- it was a yellow for a bad tackle and then a straight red for violent conduct (kicking out) if anyone is still wondering. 

Fair play to the Dalbeattie supporters who travelled to East Lothian on a Tuesday night too- I also heard as well that one Star player comes from Stranraer which shows dedication!

Archived