Nutmeg: The Scottish Football Periodical

Hi folks,

Apologies for interrupting this forum but we think this is of interest to all Scottish football fans.

We're hoping to launch a Blizzard-like quarterly. A long-form, publication about Scottish football.

We're doing it without an agenda. Simply to give a platform to a different type of football writing, in a different format. 

It would be around 200 pages and a cross between a book and a magazine.

And we're doing it because of our love of the game.

And you can help support what we're planning by pledging at Kickstarter to take out from 1 - 4 subscriptions or become a Nutmeg Patron:

If we don't reach our target, then you pay nothing.

Please help spread the word on Twitter and FB if you can.

We have till noon on April 3 to reach the target that will allow us it commission, print and distribute the launch issue.

Nutmeg Twitter

Nutmeg Facebook 

post-66749-0-58851600-1457971295_thumb.j

Hi folks,

Apologies for interrupting this forum but we think this is of interest to all Scottish football fans.

We're hoping to launch a Blizzard-like quarterly. A long-form, publication about Scottish football.

We're doing it without an agenda. Simply to give a platform to a different type of football writing, in a different format. 

It would be around 200 pages and a cross between a book and a magazine.

And we're doing it because of our love of the game.

And you can help support what we're planning by pledging at Kickstarter to take out from 1 - 4 subscriptions or become a Nutmeg Patron:

If we don't reach our target, then you pay nothing.

Please help spread the word on Twitter and FB if you can.

We have till noon on April 3 to reach the target that will allow us it commission, print and distribute the launch issue.

Nutmeg Twitter

Nutmeg Facebook 

As a former contributor to 'The Absolute Game' I wish you well, there's still a place for intelligent and robust writing on Scottish football.

Hmm, good luck but excuse my cynicism if I fear another publication full of the usual dreck about the usual suspects, a wee Dundee cheerleading here and there. That sorta thing.

What makes it different from all the rest?

To be fair, it does sound like the sort of stuff a fan of Scottish football would like to read.

-The day that a World Cup star arrived on Tayside.

-Gretna. From boom to bust. The story of one man’s obsession.

-Richard Winton on the Dundee derby that resulted in United winning their first league title.

-A postscript to his book 'The First Game With My Father' by Michael Tierney.

-"I would close the whole Largs institution down and expel all the coaches who have been there for years and years and have tried to coach Scottish football, because it has not worked, ever.†Steve Archibald is not a fan of the SFA’s coaching school. Why?

-Andy Roxburgh: his legacy.

-Interview with Gemma Fay, Scotland’s most-capped female footballer.

-How a young football analyst went from the SFA to Stenhousemuir and then to the progressive Championship side Brentford.

-Ian Cathro: from Dundee United’s youth academy to Newcastle via Valencia.

-A postscript to his book ‘In Search of Duncan Ferguson' by Alan Pattullo.

I would imagine the reason why most decent and intellectual Scottish football magazines failed to make it in the past is because a large portion of an already limited potential readership would simply prefer just to get their opinions or 'facts' fed to them by the Sun and Daily Record.

Sad, but probably true.

As a lover of football, and football books I'd definitely be up for supporting this magazine, although I worry about its longevity should it make it off the ground.

Archived