Nutmeg: The Scottish Football Periodical

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well that's my Christmas ruined [emoji38]

Get the stats out for your next article. Break down a team and analyse the shit out of them.

Used to love your posts back in the day when you done that sort of thing.

Get the stats out for your next article. Break down a team and analyse the shit out of them.

Because once isn't enough...

• 5 months later...
11 hours ago, jessmagic said:

Issue 4 has too much celtic/rangers rubbish doubt I will buy again

I've stored up the last couple of issues to read on holiday.

I loved the idea of this publication, but despite a couple of gems, I've found it a bit disappointing overall.  The standard in the first couple was distinctly mixed.

I've still got loads to read from Issue 2 onwards but I'm very impressed with it so far. From the current issue, I enjoyed the feature on the fanzine scene of the late 80s early 90s, the Montrose and Cowdenbeath articles, Third Lanark/Queen's Park and from the last one, the Accies article (only one wee error!) and the piece on Partick's move from Partick.

However, the article How to Resurrect Competition was dull, overlong and  I can't even remember what the conclusion was so it couldn't have amounted to much.

As for too much Old Firm in the latest one, a less than complimentary article about Joe Garner and a lengthy feature on Inverness's famous Parkhead cup win, doesn't amount to fawning over them.

Thanks to those that have pledged so far. Keep spreading the word.
We really do want to create a different style of football publication, somewhere between a book and a magazine with long reads about Scottish football's past, present and future

Want want want!

On 23/06/2017 at 20:46, Owsley said:

I've still got loads to read from Issue 2 onwards but I'm very impressed with it so far. From the current issue, I enjoyed the feature on the fanzine scene of the late 80s early 90s, the Montrose and Cowdenbeath articles, Third Lanark/Queen's Park and from the last one, the Accies article (only one wee error!) and the piece on Partick's move from Partick.

However, the article How to Resurrect Competition was dull, overlong and  I can't even remember what the conclusion was so it couldn't have amounted to much.

As for too much Old Firm in the latest one, a less than complimentary article about Joe Garner and a lengthy feature on Inverness's famous Parkhead cup win, doesn't amount to fawning over them.

The Gazza article was swiftly ignored as well.

Archived