Sunday weigh in club.

Lost a stone in the past 4 weeks so happy with that.  Still allow myself the odd blowout but Mon - Fri is pretty strict.  Trying to stick to max 1800 calories and getting gym/walking in a few times a week at least (although most days are 1500 odd calories wise)

Doesent sound like much, but it was pretty much shit diet 7 days a week with no exercise so its an improvement.  Im finding it easier to pop down all I have eaten calories wise into a spreadsheet and work out what ive got to play with for tea.

Edited by CALDERON

Lost a stone in the past 4 weeks so happy with that. Still allow myself the odd blowout but Mon - Fri is pretty strict. Trying to stick to max 1800 calories and getting gym/walking in a few times a week at least (although most days are 1500 odd calories wise)

Doesent sound like much, but it was pretty much shit diet 7 days a week with no exercise so its an improvement. Im finding it easier to pop down all I have eaten calories wise into a spreadsheet and work out what ive got to play with for tea.

I do similar to yourself. My Fitness Pal app is worth getting.

I do similar to yourself. My Fitness Pal app is worth getting.

This.

It takes away a lot of the guess work. I've got mine linked to map my ride app so it deducts my cycle to and from work.

• 6 years later...

I'm trying the two meals a day regimen. I did it for a day or two and it actually feels alright. Sadly I pigged out last night as I'm an emotional eater, so three beers, two packets of crisps and a bag of m&m's it was.

I'm aiming to get down to at least 80kg, but it's fucking tough. 

The big thing I'm trying to cut down on is eating late at night. And also concentrating on eating nutrient rich foods. Today will be chilli with loads of spinach and carrots in it, with brown rice. I made a kale salad that will do for tomorrow (with porridge being the other meal).

Cutting out flour and sugar helps with experiencing actual hunger as when we eat those our insulin drops so we feel hungry even when we're not hungry, causing us to overeat.

Being 25 again would solve everything though.

24 minutes ago, velo army said:

I'm trying the two meals a day regimen. I did it for a day or two and it actually feels alright. Sadly I pigged out last night as I'm an emotional eater, so three beers, two packets of crisps and a bag of m&m's it was.

I'm aiming to get down to at least 80kg, but it's fucking tough. 

The big thing I'm trying to cut down on is eating late at night. And also concentrating on eating nutrient rich foods. Today will be chilli with loads of spinach and carrots in it, with brown rice. I made a kale salad that will do for tomorrow (with porridge being the other meal).

Cutting out flour and sugar helps with experiencing actual hunger as when we eat those our insulin drops so we feel hungry even when we're not hungry, causing us to overeat.

Being 25 again would solve everything though.

80kg? I'd need several amputations to get anywhere near it.

17 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

80kg? I'd need several amputations to get anywhere near it.

Aye that would be more efficient, but I can't think of anything I can do without. I figured I don't need my ears that much, but then I remembered I have long hair and my ears keep it out of my face. 

Sadly calorie deficit it is.

I'd quite like to stop going on the Eugene Levy so often too. I only drink once a week, but 4 or 5 pints of ale is about 800-1000 calories. Then there's the 1500 calorie "meal" after that.

31 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye that would be more efficient, but I can't think of anything I can do without. I figured I don't need my ears that much, but then I remembered I have long hair and my ears keep it out of my face. 

Sadly calorie deficit it is.

I'd quite like to stop going on the Eugene Levy so often too. I only drink once a week, but 4 or 5 pints of ale is about 800-1000 calories. Then there's the 1500 calorie "meal" after that.

I did have a bit of success when I applied portion control to my two meals. Unfortunately, I've fallen of the wagon a bit in those terms, but I have stuck to two meals.

Getting high as a kite on coffee helps.

27 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I did have a bit of success when I applied portion control to my two meals. Unfortunately, I've fallen of the wagon a bit in those terms, but I have stuck to two meals.

Getting high as a kite on coffee helps.

It really does as it's a known appetite suppressant. Sadly for me it raises my anxiety level to 1000 and I don't sleep so well, which increases my stress levels and leads me to binge eat. 

I still reckon it would be easier to give up booze than coffee though. Delicious, hot, and it's a massive motivator for about 2 hours afterwards.