Rovers v Hibs 5.15 kick off

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't. if hibs lose a game I feel pissed off for about half an hour afterwards then I go home to my partner and child and you realise there is more to life than a game of football.

But then later on come on to a football forum and get all teary eyed again at how your team managed to lose to wee Raith and then make out its one of our finest ever results. Deary me. Don't slip on yer tears now..

But then later on come on to a football forum and get all teary eyed again at how your team managed to lose to wee Raith and then make out its one of our finest ever results. Deary me. Don't slip on yer tears now..

Not my fault if you can't differentiate between someone seething and someone clearly at the wind up, chief.

Who experiences crushing disappointment over football? Sounds like you're self projecting.

I'm just speculating. Hibs fans would be better at defining exactly how it feels. Is it a positive emotion when you blow the league or lose cup final after cup final?

Glad to see McKinnon reviving the spirit of Akranes in 1995 with Jimmy Nic's trick of back four with additional two centre backs 😄

Rode our luck a wee bit but created other chances of our own to make it more. Be interesting to see how we'd fair against this mob in the play-offs over two games.

Are teams sitting in against hibs and hitting them on the break? Can't believe how bad their forms been recently.

I wouldn't have said we did that much yesterday. We still had several chances in the second half to kill the game off. Their forms been poor recently because they've relied on a 21 yr old striker to score all their goals. He's off form the now therefore, they're forms been really bad since..

Morton's win against Hibs at Easter road really seems to have been the pin that burst the bubble.  Their league form has been desperate since then.

Raith are a strange team in that they don't look that great and  watching the game yesterday only reaffirmed that impression but they are very hard to beat and don't stop until the final whistle.  They are built on a very solid defence and Cuthbert is as solid if unspectacular a keeper as there is in this league.  

In Morton's three games against Raith this season, we have lost the game by one goal scored in injury time in all three matches.  In each game I have come away wondering how on earth we lost but it has happened three times so its no fluke!  They seem to score more from set pieces than other teams and did so again yesterday v Hibs.

Anyway congratulations to Raith.  I think that win yesterday makes fourth place pretty secure.

When is the parade for this famous victory? Surely will go on the mantelpiece next to Raith's famous Ramsden cup win and the time they led Bayern Munich 1-0 but then got beaten?

Ken that open topped bus you had booked for last week?

We're using that.

Probably fortunate to win yesterday but Hibs have stolen two wins at Stark's Park already this season. Fair is fair. That miss... Don't think I've ever seen worse in the flesh. Hardie blew a great chance to make it 3-1 before the miss and we had a few good openings afterwards so all in all it wasn't quite a ridiculous steal.

The referee seemed utterly abysmal at the game, truly awful. Not sure how it game across on TV but the players/McKinnon were constantly going tonto at him.

Longridge had his best game for us, Hardie was constantly a menace, Barr was very solid and Callachan came onto a very good game in the second half. It was a bold team selection from McKinnon and it certainly paid off in the second half. Can only hope he doesn't stick with it games against anyone other than Hibs/Rangers though...

We can only be heavy favourites for the play-offs now. Hopefully we can see it out...

Are teams sitting in against hibs and hitting them on the break? Can't believe how bad their forms been recently.

It's not difficult to beat Hibs at the moment. Leave them to pass it about in midfield, pack the 18 yard box and move quickly on the break.

I'm just speculating. Hibs fans would be better at defining exactly how it feels. Is it a positive emotion when you blow the league or lose cup final after cup final?

Nobody needs to define anything it's a game of football.

Try and not let sympathy cloud your judgement, they are fucking rank and will be in this division next season.

I hope you're right but I think they'll come good and the likes of McGinn, Stokes, Cummings will show everyone that they are the "superstars" the media think they are

Archived