Rovers v Hibs 5.15 kick off

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to agree that yesterday's result probably pretty much gets you there. If you had lost to Hibs then the gap was down to 5 to us with you still having to come to Palmerston but at 8 points ahead of us (and 7 ahead of Morton who have a game less to play) it looks too much.

Raith have St Mirren (A), Morton (A), Rangers (H), QoS (A), Dumbarton (A), Falkirk (H) and Livingston (A)

QoS have Rangers (A), Falkirk (H), Raith (H), Dumbarton (A), Alloa (A), Livingston (H) and Hibs (A)

Morton have Raith (H), Dumbarton (A), Livi (H), St Mirren (A), Hibs (H) & Falkirk (A).

I've not even bothered to look at St Mirren who are 11 points back.

I don't think your run in is particularly more tricky than the rest to be honest. All three of us have Dumbarton (A) at some point. We all have games against Livingston & Falkirk too. Both ourselves and Morton have a game against Hibs, you don't. Morton don't have Rangers to play. You do, but it's at Starks Park and we have them at Ibrox this week. You'd have to lose all the head to heads against St Mirren, Morton and us to be in any danger I imagine.

Realistically the best we can probably hope for from our 7 games is 12 - 15 points, including a win over Raith. Morton's best hope is probably pretty similar. You need three wins at most to clinch 4th and not even that if you can avoid defeat to Morton and ourselves. A couple of draw this week against St Mirren and Morton would just about do it. With us at Ibrox then you'd probably 8 clear of Morton with 5 games to play and 9 or 10 clear of both us and St Mirren, albeit we'd have a game in hand. Win either, especially the Morton one, and it's done

Bump.

If there was any doubt surely that finishes it. It certainly finishes St Mirren.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived