Rovers v Hibs 5.15 kick off

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hibs win

Given your track record on predicting Rovers scores, glad to see this.

Anyway, will be a tough game - but if Queens drop points today/Saturday will certainly take the pressure off. 

Given your track record on predicting Rovers scores, glad to see this.

Anyway, will be a tough game - but if Queens drop points today/Saturday will certainly take the pressure off.

Pressure FFS. What pressure?

Its Raith Rovers.  If Queens/Morton win tonight and Sat then it puts a bit of pressure on us.

We blew a 3 goal lead at Dumbarton after being 3-0 up with 82 mins gone.

We dont, never have, and never will, get things "sown up" quickly. 

Pressure FFS. What pressure?

If Queens win both tonight and Saturday the gap is down to two points. If Morton win both it's Three (although we'd also have a game in hand). We then go into a game against Hibs trying to make that back up. Worst case scenario, 75% of the gap we've spent three weeks building up over the other teams is gone in one. 4th place is no where near sown up.

Exactly, there's no pressure. If we finish 4th or 5th doesn't matter. Fair enough we'll get more cash for being in play offs but we'll still be in League next season.

We're unbeaten against our direct rivals with a healthy but not insurmountable points gap and have our main players signed up for next season - some beyond that too - so I'm already happy how it's going.

We should be in a better position to compete for (and in) play offs next season. If we're in them this season it'd give us some extra experience and cash but it's not pressure-filled to be where we are in the league

If we are using Queens as a benchmark for finishing 4th, I'd be VERY dissapointed not to do so, given their performance last week.

Its simple - if you are where we are at this stage of the season then you want to finish there. 

If we are using Queens as a benchmark for finishing 4th, I'd be VERY dissapointed not to do so, given their performance last week.

Its simple - if you are where we are at this stage of the season then you want to finish there. 

Many would argue the same thing about us and Morton and different times this season. No doubt our recent form has been impressive, but Queens can still catch us up quickly. Conceivably we could be defending a two point lead with half our strike force missing going into the Morton and St Mirren games.

Hopefully Hibs will get have a hard game tonight which ends in defeat. Then they'll be good and miserable and lacking in confidence.

Last time they played us we had the ineffective Wighton and lumbering Daly up front. This time we'll have the very mobile and free-scoring Hardie and Stewart. Hopefully we can avoid being the team that are incapable of getting a result against them. It would be good to show we're capable of getting a result against a team we will potentially be facing in the play-offs.

If Queens win both tonight and Saturday the gap is down to two points. If Morton win both it's Three (although we'd also have a game in hand). We then go into a game against Hibs trying to make that back up. Worst case scenario, 75% of the gap we've spent three weeks building up over the other teams is gone in one. 4th place is no where near sown up.

You are comfortably the 4th best side in this league. The rest will all beat each other and you will cruise to 4th. I would rather finish 2nd as I wouldn't fancy a game v you lot in the play offs with two of our best players out for the season and a thin squad in one or two areas

Considering Hibs have basically won the Scottish cup thanks to us they could at least hand us the points on Saturday.

It's usually the team that beats us in the QF that goes on to win the cup. I'm not sure beating us in any round counts.

My pal was a Hibs season ticket holder until his family came along. He is a long suffering veteran of the various Hibs disappointments. I feel sorry for him. Hopefully they can win the cup for him this season.

It's usually the team that beats us in the QF that goes on to win the cup. I'm not sure beating us in any round counts.

My pal was a Hibs season ticket holder until his family came along. He is a long suffering veteran of the various Hibs disappointments. I feel sorry for him. Hopefully they can win the cup for him this season.

I think Celtic beat us in the last 16 and went on to win.

Sure he wishes he was a Raith fan.

Archived