Rovers v Hibs 5.15 kick off

So, Hibs play the League Cup Final today, then they have a Scottish Cup replay away to Inverness on Wednesday. Tiring schedule.

On the positive side for them, if they manage to win these two games they'll be flying and they can forget about their current league form. On the negative side, if they lose the cup games they'll have lost five on the trot.

Can we get our first result of the season against Hibs?

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't be 5 on the trot as they drew with Inverness at Easter Road but I agree they'd be on a massive downer if they lose both. I actually think they'll win the cup today.

Would be nice to think we could take at least a point off them over the course of the season.

I've been looking forward to this game for weeks, and I think we'll win it. Murdoch scored for queens against Hibs a couple of weeks ago, and I reckon Hardie will score next week.

Barr's the only outfield player not to have scored for this season so far, am I right in thinking?

2-1 Rovers, Hardie and Barr to score for us, Cummings to get his weekly tap-in..

I've been looking forward to this game for weeks, and I think we'll win it. Murdoch scored for queens against Hibs a couple of weeks ago, and I reckon Hardie will score next week.

Barr's the only outfield player not to have scored for this season so far, am I right in thinking?

2-1 Rovers, Hardie and Barr to score for us, Cummings to get his weekly tap-in..

Harry hasn't scored yet. Can't recall Davo, Matthews or Thomson scoring either....

Harry hasn't scored yet. Can't recall Davo, Matthews or Thomson scoring either....

With Harry, I had forgotten that his goal against Rangers was wrongly cut off. Thomson scored the 94th minute winner in the first game against Morton at Starks. Davo scored the first against Hamilton in the cup back in August. Forgot about Matthews completely. F*ck it then. 4-1 Rovers - Hardie, Matthews, Harry and Barr ; Cummings.

Tough one to call. Hibs have been stuttering a wee bit as of late and a defeat against ICT will surely have the riot act read to them, not necessarily a good thing for us if they feel like coming out all guns blazing to prove a point. On their day there's no denying Hibs are a better team than us but hopefully we can take advantage of the fact they're clearly not unbeatable and the fact we've had some good results at the San Starko lately .

Feel we've been very unfortunate to lose both our two home matches with Hibs this season. Hoping for a result here, regardless of the gulf in quality/budget it really would take some of the edge off the rest of the games.

We've been unfortunate to have three games this season against Hibs when they were in the middle of a great run, remains to be seen how good a time this one is - on paper it should be good with two massive matches beforehand and the potential of two crushing blows in a row, but often teams bounce back when the pressure is back off.

Looking forward to it. I'd play the same team as Saturday, but I fear McKinnon will hook a striker for Matthews.

Thank God for the play offs or this league would've been chronically boring the past few years... Great to have something positive to play for.

Archived