Ayr Utd getting kicked out of Lugar ?

Cantona

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hear a couple of local Premier League teams looking at a few of the Lugar boys if this goes belly up . Just hope Lugar finish the season if they've decided to end the partnership , been a joy for my dad and me to watch these young boys at times this season , breath of fresh air .

If lugar boswell are to keep there own identity. Its within there best interest to crack on with doing there own thing now. Theres no denying it tho. That without the affilliation of ayr utd, lugar would probably be struggling to exist. Lugars team selection in particularly at the start of the season was nothing less than shocking. Aslong as ayr utd have a grip on lugar, they will always dictate team selection because of these outside influences making sure ayr utd have the maximum benefit at any1 time. Regardless of any off this. Aslong as lugar boswell manage to exist, the supporters will continue to follow on regardless of league position and team ability.

Have heard that the Ayr United boys will be there till the end of the season.

Former ochilltree amateurs manager is going to take over for the new season

Please don't let it be Keith Stewart , am sure he was breifly on their coaching staff this year.

Naw mate, don't think it's Keith Stewart

Are all of you blind? I'm not Columbo, but FFS.

The original poster seems to have information that only someone in the loop would know.

He puts up the first post and is then strangely silent about the speculation.

Cantona is Keith Stewart.

He's slaughtered Lugar ever since the Ayr tie-up was announced.

Now it looks like he can't wait to get back in the clubhouse door.

From the outside it doesn't seem very sustainable for the club's identity to put out a team almost solely comprised of teenagers belonging to another club. No continuity from year to year, no building for the future of the feeder club etc... For the parent club also, what's in it for them? The majority of the U20 group will be playing Junior anyway within a few years and anyone good enough for League 1 / Championship may already be in the 1st team set-up and players closer to that stage but not yet ready are likely farmed out to a bigger club e.g. Talbot, Cumnock, 'Ford, Glens.

Players aged 16-19 at Ayr in 2012-13 (some older ones signed from elsewhere) and where they are now:

Ewan Bain: ?

Darren Brownlie: QOS

Robbie Crawford: still at Ayr

Dillan Dunn: Craigmark

Marc Dyer: Craigmark

Adam Hunter: out injured, at Arbroath in 2014/15

Jackson Longridge: Livingston

Darren McGill: Glenafton

Bobby McLatchie: Cumnock last season

Anthony Marenghi: Stenhousemuir

Andy Muir: still at Ayr

Willie Muir: Queen's Park

Alan Murdoch: Arthurlie, loaned to SBA

Ryan Nisbet: still at Ayr, was loaned to Hurlford

Roddy Paterson: Maybole

Mark Shankland: Talbot

Neil Slooves: ?

Mick Wardrope: still at Ayr, loaned to Glens

Aaron Wyllie: was at Troon earlier this season

So 4/19 still there, maybe 4 out the game, another 8 or so signed as Juniors this season, a few playing at a higher or lower SPFL level.

Neil Slooves his playing football out in the States for Palm Beach Atlantic.

http://pbasailfish.com/article.asp?articleID=3936

From a personal point of view I think this arrangement was reasonably successful as I have watched a young raw team develop well.Still learning some of them but I think this season was worthwhile

Archived