Dundee Utd v Dundee

The noise the Dundee fans made with a few minutes to go when Hartley gave them a rallying call was unreal, had goosebumps. Fantastic scenes at Hemmings second too, ended up about 3 rows down from where I was standing :lol: didn't think it was a sending off for Bain at the time but can see why the Ref sent him off. Mitchell made a few brilliant saves when he came on and I realised just as he came on that he was the keeper Paul Sheerin scored direct from a corner against a few years ago at Gayf.

Are you going to be the anti 1888Lichtie and have Dundee leanings now or just a neutral enjoying the best Derby in our country?

That roar - I didn't hear much from behind the glass at the opposite end (from Dee's or DABs) but that was loud and clear - some of the DAB faces in the ET lower looked stunned although I doubt any of them will admit to it. Was commented upon by a few in the box as well.

Superb.

None of your flag waving pish, proper support.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you all made it home ok from the game. What with this derby being a bomb waiting to explode and the deep rivalry that exists in Dundee. Did the Utility get a fight with...ehm...the Utility?

:lol:

^^^^Doesn't understand how a proper derby works - shame really for the poor lonely fermers.

The rivalry is purely footballing, as it should be. I took a Mackem to the league cup derby last year and he was telling me how mental the Sunderland/Newcastle derby is with violence etc.

He clearly thought he was in for a tame encounter as we mingled with Arabs in oubs and on the streets before the game. He soon changed his mind at kick off and staed he'd never been at a game where the fans (Dee's natch) never stopped singing for 90 mins. When we got the penalty he shat his pants with the surge.

He then couldn't believe that after 90 mins of sheer hatred we were allowed out a the same time (even after a 90th min sickener) and mingled freely in the streets.

This is why it's the best derby in Scotland. you should come along although an actual atmosphere might be a bit much for a Saints fan.

Let's stop this nonsense, Tam. Your boys done a runner a few weeks back from a load of retired Dundee/Aberdeen.

Weren't seen for the smoke.

Deeboy, who is the new avatar?

I'm interested in researching womens international football you understand.

Thank You

Mixus meltdown in all its glory.Ha ha

“I can understand Dundee supporters giving us plenty of stick, there is no problem at all and it is part and parcel of the game.

“I can handle that, no worries. It belongs to the game but what I can’t understand is stewards not doing their job.

“There were no stewards stopping the abuse we were getting from Dundee supporters.

No, you can't handle it, Mr Potato head, now off you fucking pop.

Well that was fun and not fun at the same time eh? Relieved to get a point that I didn't see coming till Bain went off. Despite being relieved to get the point it must only be prolonging the agony. Mixus team selection baffles me. Why has Morris played last 2 games when Durnan has played not too badly and was part of a trio of CH's that were improving. Even Dillon would have been a better choice surely. Though gunnings madness would still be there for all to see at least they were becoming settled together. As for Dixon, well least said and all that. Long balls to 2 small forwards also doesn't make sense, surely ofere would have made more sense for that type of football. Bain going off saved us from what would have been an embarrassment of a score. So the madness rolls on for another wee while but got to say it is the best derby in Scotland, maybe not the greatest football but plenty to keep ye entertained an wanting more. Hopefully the fun don't make the top 6 purely to get another derby. Surely last day of the season where dundee can put us down or we can save ourselves. How good would that be? ;-)

Well that was fun and not fun at the same time eh? Relieved to get a point that I didn't see coming till Bain went off. Despite being relieved to get the point it must only be prolonging the agony. Mixus team selection baffles me. Why has Morris played last 2 games when Durnan has played not too badly and was part of a trio of CH's that were improving. Even Dillon would have been a better choice surely. Though gunnings madness would still be there for all to see at least they were becoming settled together. As for Dixon, well least said and all that. Long balls to 2 small forwards also doesn't make sense, surely ofere would have made more sense for that type of football. Bain going off saved us from what would have been an embarrassment of a score. So the madness rolls on for another wee while but got to say it is the best derby in Scotland, maybe not the greatest football but plenty to keep ye entertained an wanting more. Hopefully the fun don't make the top 6 purely to get another derby. Surely last day of the season where dundee can put us down or we can save ourselves. How good would that be? ;-)

Ofere was awful when he came on, and Gunning was getting dogs abuse all game for punting the ball long.

Then, our injury time equalizer comes from a Gunning long ball, which Ofere gets his head too - fitba is a funny ol game!

I was chatting to one of the United players post match he said it was brutal being told to lump it long and not enjoyable at all

If they make the right call then they should return at the first time of asking, as Inverness did quite comfortably. If they f**k it up then they'll struggle as their city rivals did to get out of the division.

Our most recent promotion was at the first time of asking.

The United fans responded pretty well themselves to that late surge of noise from the Dundee fans. It adds to the occasion and as many have already pointed out, it is the best of all the derbies regardless of what those outside Dundee might say. Just a pity we won't have them for a wee while...

Nah no flags near my seat but cant fault the club for trying to instill a bit of atmosphere at the games. That said, i wouldnt be on here banging on about the displays etc. Seems a bit cringey

Archived