Dundee Utd v Dundee

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It wasn't on their radar for the long term deals and all their January onwards signings expire at the end of the season.

That's got to be the most worrying aspect for United fans. It's a pretty big squad too.

There won't be many clubs queueing up to sign the duds either.

That's got to be the most worrying aspect for United fans. It's a pretty big squad too.

There won't be many clubs queueing up to sign the duds either.

I think by and large their highest earners are out of contract.

I do believe though that boys like Dixon, Dillon, Durnan, Donaldson, Muirhead, Anier and especially Bodul will be on wages in excess of what a championship level Utd could and should be paying.

We are shite. A half decent team would have pumped us, even with 10 men. Finally dawned on me yesterday that we are going down. It's almost a relief.

You St Mary's lads were always slow on the uptake.  Accepting our fate has its benefits, one of which must be the departure of Mixu.

Did our glorious chairman not state he would stay even if we got relegated?

He can't really say anything else at the moment.

FWIW I think there may be as much of a backlash about mixu getting kept as there will be about us going down.  There is nothing we can do about the relegation if (when) it happens but keeping or changing the manager is something that is controlled by the Board.

Will Thompson really want a repeat of the McNamara situation where we are forced to get rid of a manager part way through the season whilst then having a limited option of who to replace him with?  Surely United in the Championship would be an attractive proposition for an abitious manager; what about the present Raith one?  

He can't really say anything else at the moment.

FWIW I think there may be as much of a backlash about mixu getting kept as there will be about us going down.  There is nothing we can do about the relegation if (when) it happens but keeping or changing the manager is something that is controlled by the Board.

Will Thompson really want a repeat of the McNamara situation where we are forced to get rid of a manager part way through the season whilst then having a limited option of who to replace him with?  Surely United in the Championship would be an attractive proposition for an abitious manager; what about the present Raith one?  

United in the Championship with Stephen Thompson as you're boss?  Yep, can see him inundated with applicants.  Think you'll need a bigger admin dept lads.

Any management vacancy in Scottish football is inundated with applicants - whether they're any good or not is a separate issue. I don't think there can be much doubt that many lower league managers would view a Dundee United post as putting them twelve months away from having a career in the top flight. If they make the right call then they should return at the first time of asking, as Inverness did quite comfortably. If they f**k it up then they'll struggle as their city rivals did to get out of the division.

Thought the team did really well yesterday, the sending off totally changed things. That combined with the loss of both central defenders in the first half should have gifted the win to yenited, but fortunately for us, they're still pish. I went away happy in the knowledge that even if we don't get the top 6 finish, we may very well have the pleasure of dumping them into the seaside league for a few years.

Watching the highlights and thinking a draw was probably fair even if that would've never had happened if Bain never got sent off. Donaldsons chance at the end wasn't as good as I thought it was but if he kept it down he might've got the winner.

Day out was fucking class, Bowbridge Bar superb post match.

The noise the Dundee fans made with a few minutes to go when Hartley gave them a rallying call was unreal, had goosebumps. Fantastic scenes at Hemmings second too, ended up about 3 rows down from where I was standing :lol: didn't think it was a sending off for Bain at the time but can see why the Ref sent him off. Mitchell made a few brilliant saves when he came on and I realised just as he came on that he was the keeper Paul Sheerin scored direct from a corner against a few years ago at Gayf.

Mixus meltdown in all its glory.Ha ha

“I can understand Dundee supporters giving us plenty of stick, there is no problem at all and it is part and parcel of the game.

“I can handle that, no worries. It belongs to the game but what I can’t understand is stewards not doing their job.

“There were no stewards stopping the abuse we were getting from Dundee supporters.

Archived