Dundee Utd v Dundee

United were winning every single header. We needed all the height we could get. I doubt Nicky Low would have been able to deal with balls into the box which was United done time and time again.

Are you trying to claim Harkins is some form of giant whos going to win headers? I'd wager Low wins more headers than him. 

What you needed was fresh legs that could close down and also drive forward with the ball and relieve some pressure, Low was that. Instead you kept on a paceless middle man whos utterly useless when a games like that. Harkins is a quality player on his day, but much like Killie/Eremenko, you seem to cost yourself some amount of points by blindly hoping he'll pop up with something from nothing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rumour on Twitter that mixu got lifted for a breach of the peace after the game. Sounds like typical shite Twitter rumour, but the polis did look very interested in him after the whistle. Anybody ken if there's any truth to it?

Twitter you say. I'm surprised it not terrorism or mass murder.

Are you trying to claim Harkins is some form of giant whos going to win headers? I'd wager Low wins more headers than him.

What you needed was fresh legs that could close down and also drive forward with the ball and relieve some pressure, Low was that. Instead you kept on a paceless middle man whos utterly useless when a games like that. Harkins is a quality player on his day, but much like Killie/Eremenko, you seem to cost yourself some amount of points by blindly hoping he'll pop up with something from nothing.

I'm not reading the rest but Harkins is our 2nd or 3rd tallest player. Nicky low is a midget in our generally small team.

I really enjoyed that game today, infinitely more than the Manchester derby anyway.

Uniteds defence though, absolutely horrific. Dundee fucked it up big time. If you are going to try and defend a lead for 20 minutes by camping in your own half then you need to be a) good at doing so and b) have everyone prepared to do their bit and not just wander about like harkins did.

I hope united stay up TBH.

^^^ this

Another shite Manchester derby.

Dundee derby trumps that and no doubt the bigot bash on April 17 8)

RandomGuy., on 20 Mar 2016 - 17:50, said:RandomGuy., on 20 Mar 2016 - 17:50, said:

Then you'd be throwing your money away. Nicky Low is 5ft 4'. Do you really think he'd have competed in the air against Gunning, Donaldson, Ofere, Morris and even Paton? Gary Harkins, however, is 6ft 2', and whilst he didn't win every single header against these guys, he is semi-competent in the air.

Having seen Low countless times, he's a neat and tidy player, but again, you're talking shite because he's not the type of player that drives nor would he have been able to relieve pressure.

And again - your last statement of trying to compare Harkins to Eremenko is shite, because Harkins does (And did today) do quite a bit of running.

We had been behind 12 games this season at half time and lost all 12.

It is now 12/13

Minter for the dees

Looks like signing Champions League winners is finally giving your team some winners mentality.

Shame you could only draw despite playing against 10 men for nearly a whole half (one of which was Gary Harkins)

Minterific.

Mixu is absolutely biyling:

“Stewards not doing their job – that was it. “There were no stewards stopping the abuse that we were getting from Dundee supporters. “There were Dundee supporters all above us. “The stewards were having a chat in a group somewhere else and not doing their job"

Asked if the abuse was purely verbal and not physical, he replied: “Totally. Thankfully you didn’t hear that because you are so soft that you would have got a blast."

Mixu is absolutely biyling:

“Stewards not doing their job – that was it. “There were no stewards stopping the abuse that we were getting from Dundee supporters. “There were Dundee supporters all above us. “The stewards were having a chat in a group somewhere else and not doing their job"

Asked if the abuse was purely verbal and not physical, he replied: “Totally. Thankfully you didn’t hear that because you are so soft that you would have got a blast."

Minter for mixu.

He made a baffling comment in the post match stating he has no idea why away fans are put there....

Just be thankful one set of fans fill it for you mixu lad, will go towards the championship warchest.

The derby at Tannadice is definitely my top match-day experience.  We got in a fraction late today but you cant beat walking down the Shed with the Dees in full voice, on 2 sides of the ground.  Great support for Dundee today.

Was glad in the end to get a draw.  No complaints on the red card.  If it was Kawa I'd want him gone.   Thought Mitchell had a great game tbh,  Was it really his debut? - well played young man.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mixu was charged. I'm not in favour of it but he went further than almost any manager I've ever seen. Screaming, clearly visible and audible 'shut up you fucking b*****ds' 😀

Watching the goals there - O'Dea is the one to blame for both goals. His positioning to win both headers put the keeper in a dreadful position. Outmuscled the second time and barged straight in to Mitchell.

O'Deas tactical reading of the game is poor. His time at Leeds was riddled with that kind of error. Doesn't surprise me that you are picking this up.

I wouldn't be surprised if Mixu was charged. I'm not in favour of it but he went further than almost any manager I've ever seen. Screaming, clearly visible and audible 'shut up you fucking b*****ds' 😀

Players get booked and if a second yellow sent off for celebrating with their own fans. I like Mixu, bit of a character, but what he did was well out of order.

O'Deas tactical reading of the game is poor. His time at Leeds was riddled with that kind of error. Doesn't surprise me that you are picking this up.

I don't know if this is fair but it seems like he spends a lot of the time shouting at others and looking at what other defenders are doing and doesn't perceive dangers he's facing. Could be that he'e expecting that sort of behaviour from the other defenders too and we're just not that aware at the back.

Archived