Falkirk vs Rangers Fri March 18th

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Left the pub at half time expecting a 0-3 or 4. Surprised when I saw the result. Presumably just a hiccup and not the start of a collapse. (One can but hope.) Reminded me of the good ol' Coisty days.

Well done Falkirk.

The whispered "ah cannae buhleev it" from the co commentator is magnificent after the third goal :lol:

it's the 'its in the net" after hippo's goal that does it for me

The FalkirkTv commentary is quite amusing as well.

"There's a Rangers fan crying to my left".

:o  :lol:  :thumsup2  

Do Rangers need to analyse every defeat to the point of MNF?

Has anyone ever just thought that even Barcelona lose on occasion and it's just as simple as that?

To quote Houstie "deal wi it"

Every manager analyses wins, draws and losses. I'm positive Houstie does the same. That's how you improve team performance. Simple as that!

Every manager analyses wins, draws and losses. I'm positive Houstie does the same. That's how you improve team performance. Simple as that!

Sorry I wasn't very clear in my post.

Yes, I expect Warburton and his staff to go over what went wrong.

Where I get annoyed is the media and fans joining in.

It seems like their must have been some huge failure or tragedy to cause the mighty Gers to lose a game.

I swear I've read more about Rangers losing than what was said about Smiler at Alton Towers last year.

It's not the defenders themselves that are the problem, it's the way they play. Wilson was in the Hearts defense that pissed the league last year ffs.

Stupid passing out from the back (Wallace giving it away to Sibbald early on was an unheeded warning) and stupid short corners. How many corners have Sevco had in the two games at TFS? 20? Almost all pissed away. We've put ours in the box and got a goal in each game out of them.

I don't think Tavernier is the strongest defensively but the way he's been turned in to a scapegoat for that defeat is quite hilarious really.

It's all very well trying to play football 'the right way' but sometimes it's a far more sensible option to just clear your lines. 

Tavernier is a right sided midfielder at best as he cant defend and thats why he couldnt get a game for lowly wigan. Keirnans far too slow and has been shown up on both occasions hes played against us at TFS when we've played the likes of Hippo and O'hara. Again there's a reason why Wigan didnt want him even though they were struggling badly. Wilson has been the weakest link for most of the season according to most of the rangers fans I've spoken to and Ball will never play for spurs in a million years. He couldnt trap a bag of cement and was shown up again by o'hara for a lack of pace after also taking his own keeper out when Hippo scored. These guys are nowhere near good enough to play for Rangers if they want to challenge for the league title next season and I'd be surprised if any rangers fan will be content to see top 6 only next year as a good season.

Sorry I wasn't very clear in my post.

Yes, I expect Warburton and his staff to go over what went wrong.

Where I get annoyed is the media and fans joining in.

It seems like their must have been some huge failure or tragedy to cause the mighty Gers to lose a game.

I swear I've read more about Rangers losing than what was said about Smiler at Alton Towers last year.

Why do you get annoyed when fans have their say. Remember many fans have been players and managers some having their coaching badges. It's part of being a football fan. There is no huge failure or tradedy that Rangers lost its the manner in which this match in particular changed from one team being so far in front and I don't just mean the score to losing the match.

It's not the defenders themselves that are the problem, it's the way they play. Wilson was in the Hearts defense that pissed the league last year ffs.

Stupid passing out from the back (Wallace giving it away to Sibbald early on was an unheeded warning) and stupid short corners. How many corners have Sevco had in the two games at TFS? 20? Almost all pissed away. We've put ours in the box and got a goal in each game out of them.

I don't think Tavernier is the strongest defensively but the way he's been turned in to a scapegoat for that defeat is quite hilarious really.

It's all very well trying to play football 'the right way' but sometimes it's a far more sensible option to just clear your lines.

I'm not a big Wilson fan and I know Hearts fans who also thought he was a weakness for them.

I'm not blaming Tavernier for the defeat however as I've already said Warburton should have demanded that he sat in his RB position when Rangers in the second half were being exploited down his flank.

I've not got a problem playing the ball out from the back. They are imo good enough. Wallace's pass was poor but you have to accept the odd poor pass that if that's they way you intend to play.

Tavernier is a right sided midfielder at best as he cant defend and thats why he couldnt get a game for lowly wigan. Keirnans far too slow and has been shown up on both occasions hes played against us at TFS when we've played the likes of Hippo and O'hara. Again there's a reason why Wigan didnt want him even though they were struggling badly. Wilson has been the weakest link for most of the season according to most of the rangers fans I've spoken to and Ball will never play for spurs in a million years. He couldnt trap a bag of cement and was shown up again by o'hara for a lack of pace after also taking his own keeper out when Hippo scored. These guys are nowhere near good enough to play for Rangers if they want to challenge for the league title next season and I'd be surprised if any rangers fan will be content to see top 6 only next year as a good season.

I think the players you have mentioned have played an important part in Rangers winning the league this season however I do agree an massive improvement is required to win the league. We will not know how Rangers will fair in the league next season until the final squad is formed. However yes Warburton will have to strengthen in defence and the defence coached when to attack and when to defend.

Why do you get annoyed when fans have their say. Remember many fans have been players and managers some having their coaching badges. It's part of being a football fan. There is no huge failure or tradedy that Rangers lost its the manner in which this match in particular changed from one team being so far in front and I don't just mean the score to losing the match.

Are you kidding me?

You think Rangers fans are only complaining about losing this game?

Rangers fans moan their tits off after every game they don't win. They also look for the scapegoat.

Can't it just be we lost, move on to the next 1 no?

Are you kidding me?

Rangers fans moan their tits off after every game they don't win. They also look for the scapegoat.

Normally a team's opponents are in the same league or are at the same level therefore when a team loses there is usually an aspect of their play that was not good enough. It's not so much looking for a scapegoat it's identifying the reason for the loss. If you're a fan who says after the match "we lost, move on to the next 1", fair enough. I have no problem with that. All sports participants and coaches analyse the match. The more knowledge you have the more you analyse. I have no problem with that either.

FAO forever_blue:

listen to the background singing before the disallowed goal, and on the replay. You can clearly hear "You're no Rangers anymore!"

I'm sure I heard at one point, "You were Glasgow Rangers, but let your club die".

Are you kidding me?

Moan for a few hours or so then look towards the next game. We win as a team, we lose as a team.

Our system will always throw hiccups but we are playing better fitba and after Ally's dreadful hoofbaw s, the vast majority of bears are happy with our rebuilding. (Not taking anything away from a good Falkirk side)

Moan for a few hours or so then look towards the next game. We win as a team, we lose as a team.

Our system will always throw hiccups but we are playing better fitba and after Ally's dreadful hoofbaw s, the vast majority of bears are happy with our rebuilding. (Not taking anything away from a good Falkirk side)

Agreed.

Tbf to non Rangers fans who obviously don't watch Rangers regularly they will never fully recognise all the differences between Ally's and Warburton's teams.

Archived