Father Ted best bits

Blootoon87

Can anyone remember an episode where they're watching tv and there's some remote tribe or something and father Jack wakes up and there's his doppleganger on the screen but black?

Sure i didn't imagine this?

:lol:

Think that's from at the start Night of the Nearly Dead.

Reminds me of a highlight of that episode, with the horror movie-like vibe, Jack has been saying prophetic-sounding things, then as they are trying to come up with an idea to get rid of all the old ladies outside, he goes to speak, Ted and Dougal are waiting eagerly... then he just starts shouting "Feck arse drink girls!".  :lol:

• 2 months later...

Mrs. Doyle: It's a bit much for me, Father. "Feck this" and "Feck that".

Ted: Yes, Mrs Doyle.

Mrs. Doyle: "You big b*****d." Oh, Dreadful language. "You big hairy arse." "You big Fecker." Fierce Stuff! And of course the F-word father, the bad F-word. Worse then Feck. You know the one I mean.

Ted: Yes, I do, Mrs Doyle.

Mrs. Doyle: "F you" "F your effing wife" I don't know why they have to use language like that. "I'll stick this effing pitchfork up your hole" - that was another one.

Ted: I see what you mean, Mrs Doyle.

Mrs. Doyle: "b*****d this" and "b*****d that". You can't move for the b*****ds in her novels. It's wall-to-wall b*****ds.

Ted: Is it Mrs Doyle?

Mrs. Doyle: "You b*****d" "You Fecker" "You bollocks! Get your ballocks out of my face."

Ted: Yes, you just go and prepare for the nuns.

Mrs. Doyle: "Ride me sideways" was another one.

That last line by Mrs Doyle was an ad-lib. Apparently Dermot Morgan started pissing himself laughing, which is why the scene cuts off so abruptly.

My own favourite bit was the marathon game of Cluedo, when they eventually discover they've forgotten to put any cards in the little envelope.

Edited by GordonD

Father Dougal: I wouldn't know Ted, you big bollocks!

Father Ted: I'm sorry!?

Father Dougal: I said I wouldn't know Ted, you big bollocks!

Father Ted: Have you been reading those Roddy Doyle books again, Dougal!?

Father Dougal: I have, yeah Ted, you big gobshite!

Edited by Fear no foe

Ted's Poirot moment in Chirpy Burpy Cheap Sheep, when the background voice can be heard muttering, "Fuckin' 'ell" (twice!).

Have to say I don't like the "there's cocaine in it". It was too cheap - almost like one of Victoria Wood's dreadful, "eeh, I don't meant X, I mean Y". In fact, it WAS one of those jokes. Only the words weren't vaguely similar, so it had no basis and so no payoff.

I think it's actually 'flockin' hell'.

Father Ted Crilly: Ah, Sister Assumpta!

Sr. Assumpta: Hello Father!

Father Ted Crilly: Dougal, Dougal, do you remember Sister Assumpta?

Father Dougal McGuire: Er, no.

Father Dougal McGuire: She was here last year! And then we stayed with her in the convent, back in Kildare. Do you remember it? Ah, you do! And then you were hit by the car when you went down to the shops for the paper. You must remember all that? And then you won a hundred pounds with your lottery card? Ah, you must remember it, Dougal!

Sr. Assumpta: And weren't you accidentally arrested for shoplifting? I remember we had to go down to the police station to get you!... And the police station went on fire? And you had to be rescued by helicopter?

Father Ted Crilly: Do you remember? You can't remember any of that? The helicopter! When you fell out of the helicopter! Over the zoo! Do you remember the tigers?

Father Ted Crilly: You don't remember? You were wearing your blue jumper.

Father Dougal McGuire: Ah, Sister Assumpta!!

They say it's as big as four cats, and it's got a retractable leg so as it can leap up at you better, and you know what Ted, it lights up at night, and it's got four ears. Two of them are for listening and the other two are kind of back-up ears, and it's claws are as big as cups and for some reason it's got a tremendous fear of stamps and Mrs. Doyle was telling me that it's got magnets on it's tail so as if you're made out of metal it can attach itself to you, and instead of a mouth it's got four arses!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...