Montrose v Queen's Park

Well the last time we were up at Montrose we scored 6 ( honestly, we did!)  What are the odds on a repeat? (nobody needs to answer that)

It’s an away game so I’m always confident but I’d be more confident if they hadn’t signed Templeman who has a habit of scoring against us over the years. We seemed to be keeping him quiet in the cup games v Forfar but he then ends up scoring the winner. I imagine fellow totem pole McGeever will be given the job of marking him tomorrow

Is the Legion still opening at HT for a pint? Heard a rumour it aint because some locals were smuggling bottles back into the ground

Yip, I'd settle for a repeat of the score at our last visit.

Unfortunately, rumours abound of the Legion not being open to fans at half time due to an incident in there at the Mo v Clyde match a few weeks ago.  Hadn't heard about the bottle smuggling....but you don't have to be in the Legion to have bottles to smuggle in.

Taking things as glass half full I reckon if we draw our last nine games 0-0 then we will have 52 points. I reckon that would just about scrape us into the play off's. Training from here on in should focus on taking penalties assuming we also draw the four play off games 0-0. Sounds like a plan to me.

Taking things as glass half full I reckon if we draw our last nine games 0-0 then we will have 52 points. I reckon that would just about scrape us into the play off's. Training from here on in should focus on taking penalties assuming we also draw the four play off games 0-0. Sounds like a plan to me.

It's a good plan. Need to work on falling down too. Maybe knick a few penalties before the play-offs.

A far better performance than last week mainly due to keeping the ball down and playing more football although there were times today when hoofball dominated and if we are to put any kind of challenge for the league let alone the play offs then keeping the ball down is the only way we'll do it.

Felt we did enough to get all 3 points today but blew 2 or 3 golden chances and yet another draw makes us the 2 points dropped kings.

MUST beat Annan on Tuesday ...please ????

Sounded like a game that summed the season, so far, up for us. The better side for long periods, but couldn't put the ball in the net when we had to? Reckon we'll need to win the next two games at home to Annan and Arbroath to stay in the hunt for the title. We can deal Annan a real blow on Tuesday night and put ourselves in a strong position for the playoffs. If we lose, we're probably out of the title race and starting to look ropey for the playoffs. Huge game.

A far better performance than last week mainly due to keeping the ball down and playing more football although there were times today when hoofball dominated and if we are to put any kind of challenge for the league let alone the play offs then keeping the ball down is the only way we'll do it.

Felt we did enough to get all 3 points today but blew 2 or 3 golden chances and yet another draw makes us the 2 points dropped kings.

MUST beat Annan on Tuesday ...please ????

All our best stuff is when we move the ball like the second half. The hoofball has become too common for it not to be an instruction from the Coach. Taking Burns off was odd giving he was one of our best attackers today. Still, we had more than enough very good chances to win the game and failed again. Lack of confidence always contributes to lack of composure and both Galt and Carter's efforts would have been better served with a careful side foot rather than the blooter technique.

The telly might prove me wrong but in real time Muir looked to pull his arm down at the free-kick but it was a perfect shot. The mistake that led to it though was typical of this season and was the only real one of the day. Not sure Mo had another strike on target. Galt, despite his good positioning in the goal area, was a passenger for most of the game. Wish he would get more involved. Everyone else had pass plus marks with the exception of Duggan who had a terrific game. It's very difficult being a lone striker in a team where half the midfield sit so deep it's difficult to see where defence stops and midfield begins. Today, again, Berry and McVey (usually McKernon) were almost in line with the back 5 which leaves only 2 men to cover a 30-40 metre stretch. And when the ball gets hoofed out it's so easy for possession to turn against us quickly. Duggan came deeper to get the ball and made himself available all day. Problem is though you want your striker in the kill area, not running about winning possession in the midfield.

The difference in the second half was that Burns, in particular, and Mitchell pushed up the line and McVey, who's naturally more attack-minded , drifted forward and the 5221 became more of a diamond in the middle, albeit a bit skewed. If Duggan had a bit more close support at the top of the park I'm sure his goal tally would change quickly. And so would our win ratio.

If Duggan had a bit more close support at the top of the park I'm sure his goal tally would change quickly. And so would our win ratio.

Glad to hear Duggan had a better game. However, he could have and still could improve his goal ratio and general performance by trying to emulate the work rate of John Carter. Not just for one or two games, but for every game that he plays in. If he does do that, he might manage to make a career for himself in the lower levels of full time football. If he doesn't, he'll make a career as the very average League Two/decent junior striker that he's looked like for most of this season. 

Superb second half performance....but again we can't get the ball in the back of the net.

Duggan and Woods back on top form, which was great to see.

Fantastic strike for the Mo goal and the lentil soup was terrific....but it was another two points lost to a team at the wrong end of the table.

Superb second half performance....but again we can't get the ball in the back of the net.

Duggan and Woods back on top form, which was great to see.

Fantastic strike for the Mo goal and the lentil soup was terrific....but it was another two points lost to a team at the wrong end of the table.

Like the way you just casually drop in a review of the catering. I really must try eating on a Saturday some time

Archived