Relegation

Bluetooth

Possibly this was the article:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/st-cuthbert-wanderers-able-take-7538048#5dO3lxsZfkdUsPFJ.97

Says that St Cuthbert Wanderers expect to be licensed within a few weeks - or "the end of April" - with a view to promotion into LL.

They are now 5pts clear atop SOSL, with 1 game in hand, and 6 games left.

Of course the mentioned automatic promotion could yet actually see a playoff - if say Civil Service could win EOSL, or LTHV or Leith get licensed.

Interestingly, given Threave's perilous position, it could see one Stewartry team exchanged for another.

I feel that is exactly how it is gonna pan out HJ,if Saints can hold of Edu's challenge.I was down at St.Mary's last October and was impressed with what I saw. Feel a bit sorry for Threave as they were one of the big movers behind setting up the lowland league but this is what having a pyramid system is all about,teams finding their correct position on the football ladder and I'm sure they'll make their way back up in the not too distant future.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that is exactly how it is gonna pan out HJ,if Saints can hold of Edu's challenge.I was down at St.Mary's last October and was impressed with what I saw. Feel a bit sorry for Threave as they were one of the big movers behind setting up the lowland league but this is what having a pyramid system is all about,teams finding their correct position on the football ladder and I'm sure they'll make their way back up in the not too distant future.

I heard a suggestion one of the reasons Saints didn't get their licence last time because the holes in the fence round St Mary's weren't the right size :lol: I have no idea if this is true, although it may have been the case that if everything else had been in order than that one would have been allowed to slide.

If the Lowland League had come along about five years earlier it would have been ideal for Threave. They won the South four years out of five (I think) and had the ground in good nick, adding some of our old seats from Love Street in 2009.

I heard a suggestion one of the reasons Saints didn't get their licence last time because the holes in the fence round St Mary's weren't the right size :lol: I have no idea if this is true, although it may have been the case that if everything else had been in order than that one would have been allowed to slide.

If the Lowland League had come along about five years earlier it would have been ideal for Threave. They won the South four years out of five (I think) and had the ground in good nick, adding some of our old seats from Love Street in 2009.

I've sat in your old seats stu,when I was down at Meadow Park a few years ago,they've put them in their wee shed,good set up at Threave,what with the wee bar in the ground etc. If they do go down hopefully it won't be for long. When I was at St.Mary's in October they were just finishing their perimeter fence off,right next to the housing estate that borders the ground.Hopefully they get their licence next month.

I can believe that. I spoke to the two guys who assessed Whitehill and we had paid a fortune for a metal palisade fence. They said people could easily watch the game from outside. I said Burntisland had a wooden slatted fence with gaps and they said in their case the slats were bigger than the gaps but ours was the reverse.

I think as a rule of thumb it's allowed if somebody would have to squeeze their face against the fence to see the game, but if they can stand well back and watch it comfortably then it's not.

I don't think these guys would let something slide even if it was just one item. In our case it was another £3000 for cladding.

St Cuthbert game was called off today but edusports got beat 2-0 by mid-Annandale. The league could be won by this time next week as saints are 5points clear and play edusports on Wednesday and then dumfries YMCA next saturday.

Its my view. I also think the SFA made a mistake when they invited non members into the Scottish Cup as well. Why should non affilated clubs get to play in a members cup. For me this has sent the wrong signal out to the Juniors that they can have their cake and eat it with two potential money spinners of national cup runs. Why would the Juniors want to move.

Would you also chuck Lowland League clubs out who are only licenced because they rent a Junior ground?

Your attitude is part of the problem, not a solution.

St Cuthbert game was called off today but edusports got beat 2-0 by mid-Annandale. The league could be won by this time next week as saints are 5points clear and play edusports on Wednesday and then dumfries YMCA next saturday.

I'm routing for Saints,hope they seal deal over the coming weeks.

Would you also chuck Lowland League clubs out who are only licenced because they rent a Junior ground?Your attitude is part of the problem, not a solution.
Answer my question first   :-)
Isn't there just one team your referring to there and they don't have long term plans (I think) to share/rent a junior Park.

I think ground sharing is a great idea. money is tight and it would be brilliant for junior and senior teams to share the cost of a ground otherwise i can see lots more going under. just needs to be playable most of the time.

Isn't there just one team your referring to there and they don't have long term plans (I think) to share/rent a junior Park.

That may be true, but BSC would never have been allowed into the league in the first place had they not been allowed to ground share with a junior club.  They've done it for two years now and that will be the case for at least another season.

Whilst I personally don't have an issue with this, especially as the long-term plan is to get their own ground anyway, the question Burnie posed initially is highly relevant and remains to be answered by that particular poster.

BSC applied for the Lowland League and signed up for all the terms and conditions regarding it and it was accepted. I've no problem with BSC at any level. This thread was started about relegation from the LL at the moment a structure is in place regarding team who have the correct criteria. Any club could have applied to join the LL even if they did not have a current licence but as long as they were working towards it they were accepted. No junior club has applied end off. People keep going on about the Juniors as I previously mentioned I don't care that no junior club has applied that's up to the individual club but if any where to apply in the future then no problem.

BSC applied for the Lowland League and signed up for all the terms and conditions regarding it and it was accepted. I've no problem with BSC at any level.

So is your only issue the grade the team play in? Lithgae are licensed with their own ground, bsc don't have and indeed rent from a junior side, but it's the Rose you wouldn't like to see in the scottish?

If it wasn't for the junior grade, bsc wouldn't be in the lowland league.

So is your only issue the grade the team play in? Lithgae are licensed with their own ground, bsc don't have and indeed rent from a junior side, but it's the Rose you wouldn't like to see in the scottish?

If it wasn't for the junior grade, bsc wouldn't be in the lowland league.

how many clubs are invited to guest in the junior cup? seems a bit of tit-for-tat would be appropriate.

Archived