Relegation

Bluetooth

Looking at and hearing about their performances Threave have been getting closer to picking up a result and it had to be us who lost to them again.

Big Jack Jardine equalised minutes after Threave took the lead and it looked as if WW would go on and win. The second goal was a big moment though with Ben Irvings pace again causing problems up front and the third from a short back pass killed it.

Fair play to Threave deserved their win.

Would it be fair to say that there were only four major errors in the entire game: three from Whitehill and one by Threave, all resulting in goals?

I also hear that Threave have their sights set in rebuilding for their South campaign next season. Keep their current squad and they would be in the mix for immediate promotion back up

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would it be fair to say that there were only four major errors in the entire game: three from Whitehill and one by Threave, all resulting in goals?

I also hear that Threave have their sights set in rebuilding for their South campaign next season. Keep their current squad and they would be in the mix for immediate promotion back up

4 mistakes 4 goals sounds a classic

As far as the Juniors/LL merging deal, I would be in favor of a tier 5 that shows the best of the clubs in that level and I believe that would be the cream of the SJFL and the LL, however the mountain would be to have the SJFL clubs accept the inevitable of playing in the SPFL if they progress.

Call it what you like, SJFL Super League West/East, Lowland League or whatever, lets just get it done.

I don't give a shite regarding the Juniors. They have had plenty opportunities in the past to come on board. The Lowland and Highland league is the platform for progression end off. If they don't want to be involved for whatever reason that's up to them.

Is this the official city stance?

Its my view. I also think the SFA made a mistake when they invited non members into the Scottish Cup as well. Why should non affilated clubs get to play in a members cup. For me this has sent the wrong signal out to the Juniors that they can have their cake and eat it with two potential money spinners of national cup runs. Why would the Juniors want to move.

Its my view. I also think the SFA made a mistake when they invited non members into the Scottish Cup as well. Why should non affilated clubs get to play in a members cup. For me this has sent the wrong signal out to the Juniors that they can have their cake and eat it with two potential money spinners of national cup runs. Why would the Juniors want to move.

Totally agree with this and your last comment. They've made it abundantly clear they want no involvement in the structure. Let the pyramid, however flawed it may presently be, move on and attempt to flourish. There should be no more mention of them in a system they are not involved in.

As for the SC your correct they are taking money that member clubs could really use. Due to their stance, and they are entitled to an opinion, their clubs should be removed from next season or potentially all current non member clubs in leagues within the pyramid could be asking for equal treatment.

The SFA do the player registrations and provide the referees for the SJFA. The junior grade is part of the structure rather than a rival to it, and its members are registered members of the SFA even if they are not full members. If the SFA is serious about having a pyramid in the years that is an anachronistic distinction that should finally be done away with, and more rather than fewer junior clubs should participate in the main national cup competition.

Getting a bit silly now. Name a country in the world where womens teams compete in the main national cup competition with mens teams. The idea that being part of an affiliated association rather than a full member actually matters in any tangible way if a pyramid is supposed to be involved in what the SFA are trying to achieve is basically bonkers. What should matter more than any other consideration is what happens on the field of play and Linlithgow Rose have demonstrated that top junior clubs are more than capable of holding their own in the competition.

Not silly at all just pointing out there are other affilated association's within the SFA that don't play in the Scottish Cup. The SFA have went out their way to try and get juniors to be involved in the pyramid system without success. What's the point in junior clubs getting their licence if they don't want to progress. I'm presuming they get more money back for their effort from the assosiation and other agencies to make it worth it, if not why go for their licence in the first place.

Not silly at all just pointing out there are other affilated association's within the SFA that don't play in the Scottish Cup. The SFA have went out their way to try and get juniors to be involved in the pyramid system without success. What's the point in junior clubs getting their licence if they don't want to progress. I'm presuming they get more money back for their effort from the assosiation and other agencies to make it worth it, if not why go for their licence in the first place.

Not silly to ask why women's teams don't play in the scottish?

They go for their licence because it gets them access to the scottish. At the moment id suggest the majority of fans would want a licensed team ( with a min standard of facility etc for the fan) than say a member club that only really has 'history in the competition' on their side.

Prior to the refurb at strollers it was essentially a rope round a public park- licensed clubs would have far more in terms of facilities for supporters.

I was using the SWF as an example for my previous post. As I previously mentioned I don't agree with the Juniors or affiliated members getting access to the Scottish Cup for reasons already posted.

Sfa looking to raise standards IMO. They've done this by recognising that the winners of the juniors leagues are better than the majority of member non league clubs. They've also allowed all Licensed clubs - despite playing level- which goes a long way to raising the standard of facility for the spectator. Can't see what's wrong with that from the sfa point of view.

If, say, Lithgae Rose suffered a goalkeeping crisis prior to a Scottish Cup tie and signed a keeper to play one game in the Scottish Cup, presumably on a juniors contract, then released him and the keeper signed later that season for another Junior club would a retention fee have to be paid by the keeper's new club?

I agree. Can't have your cake and eat it!

If, say, Lithgae Rose suffered a goalkeeping crisis prior to a Scottish Cup tie and signed a keeper to play one game in the Scottish Cup, presumably on a juniors contract, then released him and the keeper signed later that season for another Junior club would a retention fee have to be paid by the keeper's new club?

I'm sure that the retention fee no longer exists Tam. I could be wrong

He is probably referring to the reinstatement fee, which is another anachronism that the SFA should sweep away, if a pyramid is what is genuinely on their agenda rather than a cartel of favoured full-member clubs. Crazy concept maybe but how about the SFA uses its power as the national association to get all clubs to register directly rather than through affiliated national associations, and then start organizing the pyramid from there? There is no need to negotiate any of this, if they really want to do it.

He is probably referring to the reinstatement fee, which is another anachronism that the SFA should sweep away, if a pyramid is what is genuinely on their agenda rather than a cartel of favoured full-member clubs. Crazy concept maybe but how about the SFA uses its power as the national association to get all clubs to register directly rather than through affiliated national associations, and then start organizing the pyramid from there? There is no need to negotiate any of this, if they really want to do it.

Completely agree,the SFA should take the bull by the horns and sort out non league Scotland once and for all. It's crazy we have so many different organizations all competing and sitting along side one another,this is the 21st century now,why is it Scottish Football always drags it's heels over change!!

Is there relegation from Lowland League this season,

My local paper seems to be indicating that St Cuthberts Wanderers are hoping to be promoted to Lowland League

for next season.

Possibly this was the article:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/st-cuthbert-wanderers-able-take-7538048#5dO3lxsZfkdUsPFJ.97

Says that St Cuthbert Wanderers expect to be licensed within a few weeks - or "the end of April" - with a view to promotion into LL.

They are now 5pts clear atop SOSL, with 1 game in hand, and 6 games left.

Of course the mentioned automatic promotion could yet actually see a playoff - if say Civil Service could win EOSL, or LTHV or Leith get licensed.

Interestingly, given Threave's perilous position, it could see one Stewartry team exchanged for another.

Archived