Who do you want next season?

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It answers it pretty well imo and has probably given such a stupid question more justification that it deserves.  Not sure why the concept of drinking in a bowling club being a bit shit is so difficult to understand although I assume you're only defending the idea because it seems to be almost all you have around the ground. 

I'm not going to spend time breaking down the differences between a decent pub and a bowling club because I'm 100% certain that everybody in this thread appreciates them already.

It answers it pretty well imo and has probably given such a stupid question more justification that it deserves.  Not sure why the concept of drinking in a bowling club being a bit shit is so difficult to understand although I assume you're only defending the idea because it seems to be almost all you have around the ground. 

I'm not going to spend time breaking down the differences between a decent pub and a bowling club because I'm 100% certain that everybody in this thread appreciates them already.

You've spent more time avoiding breaking down the differences than it would've taken you to break down the differences.  I'm not sure why you're making this a difficult conversation.  

Take away the bowling green (or whatever it's called) and bam, you're sitting in a pub.

Whatever is outside the pub is of no concern (unless it's a nice beer garden) while I was in the pub though I remember it being cheap, with sky sports on the TV and with a few Pars fans in it was a decent atmosphere.

I genuinely don't get why you're being so pissy because it happens to have a bowling green out the back of it.

You've spent more time avoiding breaking down the differences than it would've taken you to break down the differences.  I'm not sure why you're making this a difficult conversation.  

Let me make it a very easy conversation.  You and a few others think it's good and myself and some others think it's shite.  It doesn't matter and you can continue to enjoy your bowling club for as long as you like.

Let me make it a very easy conversation.  You and a few others think it's good and myself and some others think it's shite.  It doesn't matter and you can continue to enjoy your bowling club for as long as you like.

Doesn't really answer the question though.

But the people who think it's good have quite easily listed reasons as to why they think it's a perfectly suitable pre-match venue.  The only reason you've given is "it's a bowling club" which as Grant points out, is exactly the same as a pub but with a bowling green.  

Take away the bowling green (or whatever it's called) and bam, you're sitting in a pub.

Whatever is outside the pub is of no concern (unless it's a nice beer garden) while I was in the pub though I remember it being cheap, with sky sports on the TV and with a few Pars fans in it was a decent atmosphere.

I genuinely don't get why you're being so pissy because it happens to have a bowling green out the back of it.

Pretty much this.

Its got everything pretty much every pub ive ever been in has. 

If someone thinks cheap (And decent) pints, pool table and footy on the telly is shit just cos it has a bit of grass outside...thats weird as f**k.

PR is just a helmet who'll not change his mind and admit he's wrong even though it's blatantly obvious he is more times than not. The bowling club is a cracking place to go for a pint or two before the game and more often than not the early kick off is on the TV as well. One of the main reasons I want Dumbarton to stay up :lol:

I've said earlier that your little bowling club may be completely different to all the others I've ever been in.  I've no intention of ever visiting so I'll never know this for sure of course.

It's not my little bowling club, I'm barely ever in the place to be honest.  Could you say what was wrong with all the other bowling clubs you've been in?  That should be easy enough.

Any chance we can get this thread back on track from PR slating Bowling Clubs? If it's a place you can have a pint, a sit down and a blether with fellow fans, be them of the same team or not, what's the problem?

It's not my little bowling club, I'm barely ever in the place to be honest.  Could you say what was wrong with all the other bowling clubs you've been in?  That should be easy enough.

I'll leave you to use your imagination for that one, I've never been that big on explaining myself to strangers on the internet.

I've said earlier that your little bowling club may be completely different to all the others I've ever been in. I've no intention of ever visiting so I'll never know this for sure of course.

Bonus last paragraph there. ðŸ‘

Bowling clubs by a rule of thumb are utter shite. The exception of course being when it's full of guys you go to the football with. It could be any pub on the planet at that point.

As long as it sells lager, has reasonable service, shows football and is within stumbling distance of the ground then you're onto a winner.

Archived