Who do you want next season?

Ayr's ground was always one of the poorer versions of a terraced ground. It's only well thought of now because it's one of the few remaining ones which Championship teams occasionally visit.

The likes of the old Fir Park, Cappielow (when away fans were in the cowshed), old Rugby Park, old Love Street, old Tynecastle, East End Park, Brockville, etc. are grounds worth getting misty-eyed about. Somerset Park is poor in comparison.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The prospect of returning to Stranraer to lord it over the bumpkins we crushed - both on the park and spiritually - on their supposed 'title day' last season would be utterly glorious. They're now my preferred choice of the Ayrshire cannon-fodder outfits.

Ayrshire?

Ayrshire?

Please don't. We will just end up with a ten page debate about why Stranraer are/aren't in D&G which will lead to the usual west coast/ north coast Greenock stuff.

Anyway, those wanting Hamilton back in this league need their fucking heads examined.

Please don't. We will just end up with a ten page debate about why Stranraer are/aren't in D&G which will lead to the usual west coast/ north coast Greenock stuff.

Anyway, those wanting Hamilton back in this league need their fucking heads examined.

Agreed about the Accies, but we really need to go over the issue of Greenock being on the west coast again. That stuff never gets old.

Anyway, MT and VT live for those sort of pointless arguments. Let them get on with it.

Stranraer is in D&G because it's firmly in G.

In old money it was in Wigtownshire.

Has it ever been considered part of Ayrshire?

I'm sick of the sight of Alloa, Dumbarton and Livingston and all three are diabolical away days which I've stopped going to, so either Dumbarton or Livi being replaced by Ayr would be ideal.

I've got cash on Killie finishing bottom so I'd enjoy them coming down in 12th. Dundee United would be a good day out.

Out of interest, what is it that's diabolical about Dumbarton (obvious jokes aside)?

Woooosh. Glass houses etc. Somerset is the last decent old fashioned ground. I hope they come up.

I think ultimately Hibs will go up somehow.

Down I hope it is Kilmarnock and Hamilton.

Only football fans can class pigeon shit stained wrecks as "decent and old fashioned"

Somerset Park is a hole. 

Arbroath, Forfar, Palmerston, Brechin are what I would call "decent old fashioned grounds", not that cess pit.

Ayr's ground was always one of the poorer versions of a terraced ground. It's only well thought of now because it's one of the few remaining ones which Championship teams occasionally visit.

The likes of the old Fir Park, Cappielow (when away fans were in the cowshed), old Rugby Park, old Love Street, old Tynecastle, Brockville, etc. are grounds worth getting misty-eyed about. Somerset Park is poor in comparison.

Got to agree with this, just don't get the love in as far as Somerset Park is concerned.

It's a charmless howf with poor views and bugger all atmosphere, a very pale imitation of Tynecastle or Brockville.

Still prefer them to come up instead of Stranraer though!

Since I won't be going to many games I'll be happy enough with Hamilton coming down, I think they could really struggle.

Stranraer is in D&G because it's firmly in G.In old money it was in Wigtownshire.Has it ever been considered part of Ayrshire?

Nobody cares about your bumpkin, village parishes - if it's on the Ayrshire train line, it's in Ayrshire.

You should probably ask someone who cares as much about it as you evidently do. I believe that there's an entire sub-forum filled with your tears and utterly shit posts by now: perhaps try there instead.

Archived