Unfunny comedians

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

I've never watched his stuff on the basis of his name

I assumed the same, until I seen an interview with him where he said "My gran called me Danny Boy when I was growing up so, when I had to register with Equity, it seemed the perfect stage name.But when I rang up, I was told the name was already taken by a dancing dog. It was then I added the ‘h’ to boy."

Stage name taken by a dancing dog :lol:

I have watched that Danny Bhoy before and he wasn't good.

But to be Scottish and that stupid to alienate yourself to abouthalf the country with a daft name is moronic

29 minutes ago, alang1993 said:

I assumed the same, until I seen an interview with him where he said "My gran called me Danny Boy when I was growing up so, when I had to register with Equity, it seemed the perfect stage name.But when I rang up, I was told the name was already taken by a dancing dog. It was then I added the ‘h’ to boy."

Stage name taken by a dancing dog :lol:

Still a better turn than Danny Bhoy.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
49 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:
FTFY

This. If it means a few hundred knuckledraggers won't go to his show because of the spelling then he's probably made a shrewd move tbh.

For what it's worth he's as funny as toothache regardless of the origin of his stage name. 

19 hours ago, MixuFixit said:

I think they're both masterful comedians. That being said Stewart Lee definitely recycled material at his last fringe show, so a break was probably in order.

His last Fringe show was a WIP for Content Provider which itself was a condensed version of a WIP for a series of Comedy Vehicle.

Anyway, tickets are only £15, bargain.

2 hours ago, Clockwork said:

Watching a few episodes of MTW on Dave, Angela Barnes is SO unfunny. Do people actually pay to go see her shows? Sure she’s a nice lass but as a stand up comic, just awful.

She's the fat arsehole who works in just about every office.

1 hour ago, Busta Nut said:

I had to google her. I recognised her face but there seemed to be drastic weight changes in the pics. Does she do "I used to be fat" type comedy?

I think so, reminds of that Geordie woman with the glasses, name escapes me but her entire 'act' consists of....in an annoyingly high pitched voice and Noocassul accent 'Ooh me boyfriend left me, ooh I like cake, ooh im single, ooh think im gonna have a bit of cake...ooh"

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

I think so, reminds of that Geordie woman with the glasses, name escapes me but her entire 'act' consists of....in an annoyingly high pitched voice and Noocassul accent 'Ooh me boyfriend left me, ooh I like cake, ooh im single, ooh think im gonna have a bit of cake...ooh"

Sarah Millican.

1 minute ago, Flybhoy said:

That sounds like the act of just about every female comedian.

Archived