Unfunny comedians

On 28/05/2018 at 22:51, 19QOS19 said:

Katherine Ryan. I saw her at The Pavilion. For a female comedian she was actually OK. Nowhere near the funniest comedian I've been to see but she was far from the worst either.

katherineryan-0.jpg

An absolute WID.

Find her quite amusing as well.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Big Rider said:

Has the uttelrly unfunny Susan Calman been mentioned yet?

Her and Frankie Boyle went through a phase of almost every punchline being heroin, Scottish football or Dundee. 

You no something something, you think thats bad? something something Dundee 

Boyle pulled away from it but she has persevered at trying to ingratiate herself to English audiences.  

I find female comedians to be terrible at long stand up routines but good at smaller shows or comedy programs.

They always resort to the obvious ‘look at me I’m a woman’ rather than just daft stuff. Victoria Wood maybe an exception as she was talented at different things so span it out. I could quite easily watch an hour of it but compared to the top male comics there’s just no comparison. Shame really, not sure why.

11 hours ago, D.A.F.C said:

I find female comedians to be terrible at long stand up routines but good at smaller shows or comedy programs.

They always resort to the obvious ‘look at me I’m a woman’ rather than just daft stuff. Victoria Wood maybe an exception as she was talented at different things so span it out. I could quite easily watch an hour of it but compared to the top male comics there’s just no comparison. Shame really, not sure why.

Wood was the exception to the rule that came to my mind too.

The reason why is as stated above, narcissism. Or as Christopher Hitchens elucidated on, women generally do not in any evolutionary sense need to be or gain any mating advantage from being funny.

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2007/01/hitchens200701

Edited by banana

Just now, banana said:

Wood was the exception to the rule that came to my mind too.

The reason why is as stated above, narcissism. Or as Christopher Hitchens elucidated on, women generally do not in any evolutionary sense need to be or gain any mating advantage from bring funny.

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2007/01/hitchens200701

^^^Would shag Miranda type post.