Unfunny comedians

Not technically a comedian, but fancies himself as a bit of a funnyman all the same - the c**t from the Tesco advert with the seemingly disabled son. He also presents a new science show on ITV.

I fucking hate him.

You forgot Sarah Millican's other standard "gag":

"I'm just sat 'ere eatin cake and watchin' The Wiyah"

"I wanted somethin' romantic for Christmas. So I got a boxset of The Wiyah"

"Sex? Me, I'd rather be sat with The Wiyah"

Not technically a comedian, but fancies himself as a bit of a funnyman all the same - the c**t from the Tesco advert with the seemingly disabled son. He also presents a new science show on ITV.

I fucking hate him.

Are you talking about Ben Miller?

If so, he's definitely a comedian. There a some sketches from Armstrong and Miller that are pure comedy gold.

Edit the adverts make me want to rip my face off and I've seen ten mins of that science thing and it was overly cheesy.

Edited by pandarilla

If so, he's definitely a comedian. There a some sketches from Armstrong and Miller that are pure comedy gold.

Edit the adverts make me want to rip my face off and I've seen ten mins of that science thing and it was overly cheesy.

Just 'googled' him and you're right. I'd never heard of him other than that fucking advert.

My original point still stands - an unfunny c**t.

As for the rest of whats been mentioned - I would ride Sarah Millican, Allan Carr's stand up and most of everything about him is tedious as f**k but he's alright at presenting his Friday night show, Tim Vine is quite funny in a tragic sort of way and John Bishop is another shameless unfunny twat who uses charity to try and bolster his career. This is comedy in Britain though, its not that un funny but its all very safe and there aren't enough Frankie Boyle types.

What pisses me off is that some of these comedians have the same material for years.

I've gone to a few comedy clubs over the last few years.....no massive stars, but some who are well known on the Scottish comedy circuit.

We saw Keir Mcallister a couple of times, about two years apart, and most of his material the second time was exactly the same as the first time.

Fair enough, it's maybe unreasonable to expect them to change their entire repertoire every six months, but surely, it should be a continual adding in of some new stuff, and ditching the older stuff, so that if you see them once a year, most of their act will be new to you.

Otherwise, why the hell would you pay to see them again?

Also, it often depends on the audience. I saw David Kaye twice..... The first time he had the audience in stitches, dealt with a heckler better than anyone I've ever seen, the second time, he crashed and burned. It was dire. I was willing the audience to laugh, but they were having none of it.

I'm going to see Romesh Ranganathan this year, so I'm hoping he will be good

I agree about the same material for years - although it must be hard for comedians to be coming up with new material and things that people will find funny without repeating themselves. I think Billy Connolly (who i could have sworn i saw on Princes Street earlier) was great at keeping on his gags from his told school shipyard govan days through to his brushes with Hollywood fame and still remaining relevant and funny and having the same type of material that seems so spontaneous. Things have changed so much now and I'm starting to feel that the days of someone on stage merely telling isn't going to get anywhere greater than it already has been.