Ayr United vs Sean Murdoch

He managed to singlehandedly give a goal away through 3 or 4 individual errors recently and was given MOTM and folk were glowing about his performance, there is a bizarre mancrush on him at Tryfield Place and i am not on message.

What a bizarre statement. Murphy was been one of our most consistent performers recently not sure what your blabbering on about.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Murphy has strolled the last couple of months, back to the player he was at the beginning of last season. (I've missed around two games during this) No idea when the 3 or 4 mistakes leading to a goal was?

Certainly wasn't today or Stenny, Brechin, Forfar, Cowdenbeath or Peterhead games.

I think it's just one of those odd dislikes of a player, I vaguely remember something about not rating Mark Roberts either 😂 (As a player)

Murphy has made mistakes during the season however at the moment is by far our best centre half.

What a bizarre statement. Murphy was been one of our most consistent performers recently not sure what your blabbering on about.

Hopeless at the first goal, taken out of play by his lack of movement

Then the absolute state of him in the next part of the highlights which is the second goal should show you what i am on about 

Murphy has strolled the last couple of months, back to the player he was at the beginning of last season. (I've missed around two games during this) No idea when the 3 or 4 mistakes leading to a goal was?

Certainly wasn't today or Stenny, Brechin, Forfar, Cowdenbeath or Peterhead games.

I think it's just one of those odd dislikes of a player, I vaguely remember something about not rating Mark Roberts either (As a player)

Murphy has made mistakes during the season however at the moment is by far our best centre half.

https://youtu.be/eYZPkvzaOZw?t=5m18s

Murphy had Wallace running towards him, Gilmour was tracking the Faissal run. It was a cracking pass and there is nothing any of our defenders could have done about it. If he tracks the scorer Wallace has a free run at goal.

Massively clutching at straws to blame him for the second.

Murphy had Wallace running towards him, Gilmour was tracking the Faissal run. It was a cracking pass and there is nothing any of our defenders could have done about it.

Massively clutching at straws to blame him for the second.

Watch it again, it all comes from him, slow releasing the ball and gets tackled then is absolutely lost

As for the Cowdenbeath game he did make a mistake but the goal was further on in the movement and was not solely his fault.

Yeah he did, I was thinking in terms of making three or four mistakes in the lead up to a goal.

Was suprised at how tame Ayr were today. Thought with there still being a remote possibility of winning the league, that the lads would come out all guns blazing.

Stevo was virtually anonymous.

I must be the only Ayr fan who doesn't rate Forrest. One good bit of skill or play out of five

Watch it again, it all comes from him, slow releasing the ball and gets tackled then is absolutely lost

Hadn't realised it was the Cowden highlights above. I'll give you that one, it wasn't as bad as that in my head for some reason ðŸ˜

Today's second, I appreciate he loses the ball but it's a completely different phase of play. You could argue he doesn't follow Wallace well enough but he doesn't have the legs and is best getting back to the centre and not getting dragged out of position.

I know his wee bits of skill over egg his performances in people's minds but feel it would be very harsh to blame him for both goals today.

Hadn't realised it was the Cowden highlights above. I'll give you that one, it wasn't as bad as that in my head for some reason

Today's second, I appreciate he loses the ball but it's a completely different phase of play. You could argue he doesn't follow Wallace well enough but he doesn't have the legs and is best getting back to the centre and not getting dragged out of position.

I know his wee bits of skill over egg his performances in people's minds but feel it would be very harsh to blame him for both goals today.

Agree with all the above.

The league is over, best squad won. Good luck to Dunfermline next season no reason why you can't compete in the championship. Just hope we get things together and can Join you guys via the playoffs.

Not yet but it will be nice to be part of something good. Maybe the playoffs will be good to you.

That game summed up this awful league for me. Big crowd in to see the two heavyweights slug it out and that's what happened. An absolute snore fest like two old battleships shelling each other. It was a pitiful excuse of a game from two teams who should know better. Personally I felt cheated but my money was spent on the boy who scored the goals from Dunfermline. He's the chap!

That second goal from Faz gets better and better each time you watch it. At the game all I could say was "what a f*****g goal!" over and over again. This morning I found myself repeating it even more. Fantastic.

Two great pieces of forward play were the difference yesterday; Wallace's pass and Faz's finish for the first was good too. The first half particularly was scrappy at best - not a lot on show from either team, though I felt the referee at times was a bit too stop start with the whistle. I was surprised Ayr didn't open up a bit more, especially as the pitch wasn't particularly suited to fast flowing, passing football for us to counter on.

In the second half I thought we controlled things much better and once we scored, I was confident we'd go on to win. The second goal knocked the stuffing out of Ayr entirely and we saw it out very comfortably. I look at yesterday as a good, gritty performance at the toughest venue (IMO) we had left in the run in. To win is very pleasing.

That's four wins out of five in all competitions against Ayr this season, and that, plus the points gap, speaks for itself.

Archived