Mark Warburton

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This story about the press conference. It is obvious Rangers are looking to do the disciplinary process to the letter of the law and rightly so. Barton will also be looking at his options and rightly so. Surely the TV pundits and press must realise this. So why waste time asking the question especially after been told 'no questions' numerous times. It would do my head as well. I can understand Warburton and Traynor's annoyance. Warburton should only answer football questions not Human Resource questions. That's his job! 

Warburton and BT must get together and resolve this. There are ways to put your point over and Sutton appears not to have the skills to do this, unlike other pundits. He should be trying to aspire to the Henry, Souness level and most of the others, instead of being insulting in a rude and arrogant manner. No matter who or what team he is talking about, I find it not good watching and I don't respect his opinions compared to most of the other pundits. It's not even as if he's right for most of the time or was a successful manager himself. You get the impression from the other BT pundits they possibly think the same. 

This story about the press conference. It is obvious Rangers are looking to do the disciplinary process to the letter of the law and rightly so. Barton will also be looking at his options and rightly so. Surely the TV pundits and press must realise this. So why waste time asking the question especially after been told 'no questions' numerous times. It would do my head as well. I can understand Warburton and Traynor's annoyance. Warburton should only answer football questions not Human Resource questions. That's his job! 

Warburton and BT must get together and resolve this. There are ways to put your point over and Sutton appears not to have the skills to do this, unlike other pundits. He should be trying to aspire to the Henry, Souness level and most of the others, instead of being insulting in a rude and arrogant manner. No matter who or what team he is talking about, I find it not good watching and I don't respect his opinions compared to most of the other pundits. It's not even as if he's right for most of the time or was a successful manager himself. You get the impression from the other BT pundits they possibly think the same. 

I find it not good post.
I

3 hours ago, Myview said:

What's to resolve?

A pundit is allowed to be critical of a club, or of figures associated with it.

It seems that some individuals really struggle with this.

4 hours ago, Myview said:

Wasn't the 'disrespectful questioning' a Sky Sports interview?  Nowt to do with Sutton or BT Sports.

As far as I can remember, all Sutton has said about Rangers is that they have a crap defence.  Calling MW disrepectful didn't happen until AFTER the Respectful One had already skipped a pair of interviews on Friday evening.

Sutton has also criticised BFDJ but, hey, who hasn't?

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What's to resolve?

Of course they are. I don't have a problem with that. However I feel there is proper manner on how to do this. He is the only pundit I would criticise and imo lacks the knowledge of other pundits and that's why he tries to be controversial  

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Wasn't the 'disrespectful questioning' a Sky Sports interview?  Nowt to do with Sutton or BT Sports.

As far as I can remember, all Sutton has said about Rangers is that they have a crap defence.  Calling MW disrepectful didn't happen until AFTER the Respectful One had already skipped a pair of interviews on Friday evening.

Sutton has also criticised BFDJ but, hey, who hasn't?

Sorry two different points entirely on two different incidents. Sutton said that he would lose his job if he lost to QOS and Aberdeen. Other pundits would be more professional.  You are right he did criticise DJ,..... Delia, Craig Gordon, even the whole Dunfermline team. There will be more. His knowledge imo is poor as he found out when he became a failed manager.  

18 minutes ago, Myview said:

You are right he did criticise DJ,..... Delia, Craig Gordon, even the whole Dunfermline team. There will be more. His knowledge imo is poor as he found out when he became a failed manager.  

So do Celtic and Dunfermline also need to hold summit talks with BT to sort out their situations?

4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What's to resolve?

Sutton's a fanny who's going overboard in an attempt to be controversial.

Now what's the next topic of debate?

1 minute ago, bennett said:

Sutton's a fanny who's going overboard in an attempt to be controversial.

Now what's the next topic of debate?

He is a bit.

I've said as much elsewhere.

However, this idea that action needs taken over it is nuts.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So do Celtic and Dunfermline also need to hold summit talks with BT to sort out their situations?

Sutton was a player and was not a pundit when he said Dunfermline lay down to Rangers. He only apologised when Dunfermline threatened legal action. That's my point he does not have the skills or intelligence to be a pundit. I wasn't the only one who said Sutton's criticism of Delia was over the top, especially when Sutton has no achievements to even come close to Delia's. 

You say what's to resolve? Warburton appears not to be doing interviews with BT who are a major sponsor. That needs resolved quickly. Allegedly Sutton phoned him, however, Warburton has not 'yet' returned the call. Has BT told Sutton to apologise? 

13 minutes ago, Myview said:

Sutton was a player and was not a pundit when he said Dunfermline lay down to Rangers. He only apologised when Dunfermline threatened legal action. That's my point he does not have the skills or intelligence to be a pundit. I wasn't the only one who said Sutton's criticism of Delia was over the top, especially when Sutton has no achievements to even come close to Delia's. 

You say what's to resolve? Warburton appears not to be doing interviews with BT who are a major sponsor. That needs resolved quickly. Allegedly Sutton phoned him, however, Warburton has not 'yet' returned the call. Has BT told Sutton to apologise? 

So Rangers not currently cooperating fully with the BBC or BT.  Meanwhile their manager was instructed by a club insider to walk out of a press conference last week, due to questions from a Sky employee.

Hmmmm, I wonder where the issue might really lie.

34 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So Rangers not currently cooperating fully with the BBC or BT.  Meanwhile their manager was instructed by a club insider to walk out of a press conference last week, due to questions from a Sky employee.

Hmmmm, I wonder where the issue might really lie.

Two totally different incidents.  

Wasn't told to walk out. Traynor asked for more questions and nobody asked one  Admittedly Sky guy was talking but he had blown his chances by continually asking Barton questions after at least five times not to. That's not the first time a manager has abruptly finished an interview early.

32 minutes ago, Amato said:

Clearly Warburton recognises the fact he is an utter fanny, and doesn't deserve any sort of worthwhile reply. 

Sutton has mouthed off for most of his career as a player and pundit. You are right, Warburton  is quite right to ignore him under the circumstances. 

4 minutes ago, Myview said:

Wasn't told to walk out. Traynor asked for more questions and nobody asked one  Admittedly Sky guy was talking but he had blown his chances by continually asking Barton questions after at least five times not to. That's not the first time a manager has abruptly finished an interview early.

Three different incidents surely?

You're all over the place on this.  It was you that appeared earlier to conflate the press conference, with the Sutton stuff.

It's very clear that as a club, Rangers struggles badly with criticism and/or scrutiny.

19 minutes ago, Myview said:

Sutton has mouthed off for most of his career as a player and pundit. You are right, Warburton  is quite right to ignore him under the circumstances. 

The media have been told that Rangers cannot discuss the Barton situation but they continue to pester the manager with stupid questions which can't be answered.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

The media have been told that Rangers cannot discuss the Barton situation but they continue to pester the manager with stupid questions which can't be answered.

Absolutely. What's more it appears this incident isn't a usual fine type punishment. Rangers maybe are trying to terminate his contract through his actions. If they are they must do this by the book or they will not succeed and we are talking about sizeable money. 

Whatever your feeling about Rangers....and most on here hate us I accept that.

I've zilch idea why anyone hates Mark Warburton....except cause he manages Rangers.

He's about as honest, fair and unassuming a manager as you'd meet. :blink:

Archived