ww v edin uni

paleface

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read Ross Pilcher's match report on the Evening News website- Whitehill's keeper was sent off and their right back went in goal and saved a penalty- three penalties and three red cards; almost reminiscent of a certain game at Ainslie Park at the start of the year... 

I've read Ross Pilcher's match report on the Evening News website- Whitehill's keeper was sent off and their right back went in goal and saved a penalty- three penalties and three red cards; almost reminiscent of a certain game at Ainslie Park at the start of the year...

You had to spoil my fun eh? 😩

Grimbo

Not to nit pick but he had been shifted to right midfield just before he ended up going in goal.

Can't sleep.

Not sure what all the fuss is aboot.

The pyramid was set up to find yer level.

Unfortunately we peaked in its 1st season.

Lets face up to it we're always gonnae be a mid table to bottom team along wi several others.

Certain clubs have far bigger resources than others to be able to compete at this level and that's by no means a dig at them. :ph34r:  :bairn  :(  

5 goals all to uni 3 penalties all to uni

3 reds all ww 

what is going on with WW ?

1st sending off after 69 mins though.

3-0 doon at half time.

2 strikers signed start of season no longer there.

Nae excuses a result like that been coming for months!!!

It's just we've no had any games to see it :P

Not sure what all the fuss is aboot.

The pyramid was set up to find yer level.

Unfortunately we peaked in its 1st season.

Lets face up to it we're always gonnae be a mid table to bottom team along wi several others.

Certain clubs have far bigger resources than others to be able to compete at this level and that's by no means a dig at them. :ph34r::bairn:(

Which teams do you think have a bigger player budget than welfare newky? Not sure there's too many- EK and spartans definitely but can't imagine there's many others.

Which teams do you think have a bigger player budget than welfare newky? Not sure there's too many- EK and spartans definitely but can't imagine there's many others.

Ye dinnae need to look further than the top 6 just now wi maybes Selkirk and a rough guess BSC thrown in. These newer clubs that have came in are well run from top to bottom. Not that I'm saying ww aren't well run,just competing wise personally think we among others are and will be left behind.

That top 6 will only get stronger imo.

Hopefully be proved wrong but the LL is finally taking shape ?

😂😂😂😂

Ye dinnae need to look further than the top 6 just now wi maybes Selkirk and a rough guess BSC thrown in. These newer clubs that have came in are well run from top to bottom. Not that I'm saying ww aren't well run,just competing wise personally think we among others are and will be left behind.That top 6 will only get stronger imo. Hopefully be proved wrong but the LL is finally taking shape ?

Can't have been many teams paying over a grand and a half for someone like macgregor then giving the likes of Hutchie the best part of two grand for other players could there?

Whitehill have the money but have spent it poorly- as have other teams. Think the guy at threave will be on a decent wage and they've no won a game yet!

I'd also add that selkirk have promised the money and not actually spent it or handed it over yet if the rumours are true! Could be the way for more teams to go- spend what you don't have. It got Hearts a couple of scottish cups.....

Can't have been many teams paying over a grand and a half for someone like macgregor then giving the likes of Hutchie the best part of two grand for other players could there?

Whitehill have the money but have spent it poorly- as have other teams. Think the guy at threave will be on a decent wage and they've no won a game yet!

I'd also add that selkirk have promised the money and not actually spent it or handed it over yet if the rumours are true! Could be the way for more teams to go- spend what you don't have. It got Hearts a couple of scottish cups.....

Who's Mcgregor ?

U obviously know ww and other teams accounts better than me.

I suppose agm s is where you'll get all the answers.

Who's Mcgregor ? U obviously know ww and other teams accounts better than me. I suppose agm s is where you'll get all the answers.

He's the guy you signed from Bo'ness- for £1600. Public knowledge in the juniors what the asking price was for the lad. You were the ones who paid it.

excellent another fully informative posting about a clubs finances...based on fag packet gossip

U keep believing.....If I had the time I could dispel a few myths about ww and there standing in the wealth table....or I could just make wild gueses about lowland league teams finances

U keep believing.....If I had the time I could dispel a few myths about ww and there standing in the wealth table....or I could just make wild gueses about lowland league teams finances

Wouldn't have taken you much longer than the time it took to send that last post. Fire away my friend, dispel the myths and make those wild guesses.

TI'd also add that selkirk have promised the money and not actually spent it or handed it over yet if the rumours are true! Could be the way for more teams to go- spend what you don't have. It got Hearts a couple of scottish cups.....

talking through yer arse again I see!!

Ww have never been a wealthy club.there success has been thro a hard working loyal committees and a group off players in the 90s early 2000 that,at non league level were near untouchable...In the 90s they did pay decent bounus but that was self financed from Scottish Qualifying success and the fact apart from gala and spartans the rest were paying very little...there's no financial big guns behind whitehill,whilst I stated there not wealthy they have been run very well....In the new age off lowland league whitehill will be no where near the finances off the top six and everyone around whitehill is well aware off that fact.we were spoilt with success in the 80s 90s and early 2000s...getting our heads round mid table is where we are at.this coupled up with imo some poor signings over the last 3 years leads us to where we are in the lowland standings.....If whitehill never won another trophy or even a game in there remaining history we would still have enough in our locker to say it's been a hell off a journey

Ww have never been a wealthy club.there success has been thro a hard working loyal committees and a group off players in the 90s early 2000 that,at non league level were near untouchable...In the 90s they did pay decent bounus but that was self financed from Scottish Qualifying success and the fact apart from gala and spartans the rest were paying very little...there's no financial big guns behind whitehill,whilst I stated there not wealthy they have been run very well....In the new age off lowland league whitehill will be no where near the finances off the top six and everyone around whitehill is well aware off that fact.we were spoilt with success in the 80s 90s and early 2000s...getting our heads round mid table is where we are at.this coupled up with imo some poor signings over the last 3 years leads us to where we are in the lowland standings.....If whitehill never won another trophy or even a game in there remaining history we would still have enough in our locker to say it's been a hell off a journey

Of that there's no doubt. I've played against the great whitehill team of the mid 90s and know what the success was built on.

However, I do know that they have spent a bit this year, albeit probably less than some in the top six but definitely more than some in the top six. You alluded to the fact that there's been some poor signings and that's why I said you've wasted money when it's at a premium now.

As an old timer with a bit of tradition about me id much prefer to see the likes of welfare pushing at the top of the league but times have changed- I just don't think it's as simple as money being the issue. Coaching, proper recruitment ( in terms of type of player and their character) can lead to success. Not all players want to go to the team paying the biggest bucks.

Archived