Alloa v Raith Rovers

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good point in the end.

That pitch is a fucking joke, glad to get the point in the end but we pummelled their goal whilst struggling to create.

8 points clear, will take that.

This.

We created enough chances but Alloa had too many players in our path. We got caught on the counter and really struggled after that.

With the run of games we had if you had said 4 wins , 1 draw and 1 loss we all would of taken it.

Disappointing that we didn't hold out but a point and battling performance is still a decent reaction to two poor results. Particularly when Raith really should be hammering us, even though they never do.

Hopefully we continue battling to the end and get a few more points on the board.

Credible performance with the team getting themselves in front of all Raith could create.

A great pity the ref bought into the best man falls antics of a few Raith players.

Couple of decisions that went in our favour unless you mean the one for the first booking. Then no.

I've watched Rairh since the days of Young, McNaught and Leigh(1950's) but rarely have I read such negativity as appears in this forum.

We pummelled them for the greater part of the match. Of course there is always the chance when you are pressing they will break away and catch you on the break, then all of a sudden it's "typical Rovers".

I am not a happy clapper and I do try to see these things objectively. but I just hope McKinnon and the players don't read these forums too often!

Sad really.

If you can remember going to the football in the 1950's then I would have thought you'd have more to worry about than a few moans on a forum! Cold winters for one!

Not really. Went an extra point clear.

Only Rovers fans continually find reasons to be negative.

Should have been an extra 3pts clear. This is an Alloa team with 13pts all season before today. With Morton and Queens losing, this was a chance to go 10 clear with, on paper, our easiest remaining fixture of the season. We didn't take it. Hence, chance missed.

Salmond was generally fine today, although I think the yellow card given to the Alloa player for the tackle on Craigen could have very easily have been a red.

Didn't even look a foul. Subsequent miracle recovery backed that up. The number of squeals coming from Rovers players was embarrassing.

Didn't even look a foul. Subsequent miracle recovery backed that up. The number of squeals coming from Rovers players was embarrassing.

Were you up at the boards shouting "it's a mans game!!!"? Straight leg, studs showing = chance of a red card. I'll be glad when Alloa go down, not because I don't like them but purely because our games are always complete dung.

We created enough chances to win several games, but Alloa's defence were on top of their last-ditch-block game.

I don't think switching to the usual 'fire the ball up' was the right way to go. Dougie Hill ate it up. We were fortunate to get an equaliser having gone about the game the right way for the first hour. We were spooked by the goal when really it was a freak incident. Alloa had maybe two chances in the whole game. Sometimes these things happen.

We're in a strong enough position that even losing today wouldn't have been an outright disaster, but this was probably our 'easiest' game of the final quarter, so we'll have to make sure we get results at Dumbarton and Livingston. Could do with finally taking something from either Hibs or Rangers, too.

Should have been an extra 3pts clear. This is an Alloa team with 13pts all season before today. With Morton and Queens losing, this was a chance to go 10 clear with, on paper, our easiest remaining fixture of the season. We didn't take it. Hence, chance missed.

Were you at the game? Pitch is a joke and even then we adapted fairly well.

Point earned and gained, and a point closer to 4th. Good days work.

Typical rovers again. Can people stop being so confident? Or be confident and don't say anything at least. Of course you can be confident but clearly some of you haven't watched the Rovers for long enough...

:lol:

Morton won their first game at the Recs by a single goal and drew the second, just like Raith. QoS won by a single goal last time and are still to make a second visit.

It's certainly not a vintage Alloa side but neither are they as awful as the points tally might suggest. Even the top 3 have struggled in their last visits to the Recs; Hibs and Falkirk winning 1-0 and Rangers, like Raith, scoring late to escape with a 1-1 draw. Reading this forum the last few days there were clearly a number of Raith fans expecting a routine victory but in reality there was little evidence to suggest that would be the case.

Morton won their first game at the Recs by a single goal and drew the second, just like Raith. QoS won by a single goal last time and are still to make a second visit.

It's certainly not a vintage Alloa side but neither are they as awful as the points tally might suggest Even the top 3 have struggled in their last visits to the Recs, Hibs and Falkirk winning 1-0 and Rangers, like Raith, scoring late to escape with a 1-1 draw. Reading this forum the last few days there were clearly a number of Raith fans expecting a routine victory but in reality there was little evidence to suggest that would be the case.

Spot on!!

Disappointing that we didn't hold out but a point and battling performance is still a decent reaction to two poor results. Particularly when Raith really should be hammering us, even though they never do.

Hopefully we continue battling to the end and get a few more points on the board.

Your defence put in some shift today. I almost felt sorry for your players at the end. Some of them looked devastated.

We created enough chances to win several games, but Alloa's defence were on top of their last-ditch-block game.

I don't think switching to the usual 'fire the ball up' was the right way to go. Dougie Hill ate it up. We were fortunate to get an equaliser having gone about the game the right way for the first hour. We were spooked by the goal when really it was a freak incident. Alloa had maybe two chances in the whole game. Sometimes these things happen.

We're in a strong enough position that even losing today wouldn't have been an outright disaster, but this was probably our 'easiest' game of the final quarter, so we'll have to make sure we get results at Dumbarton and Livingston. Could do with finally taking something from either Hibs or Rangers, too.

Agree with this. The only disappointment with our performance today was our panicky reaction to going behind.

In the end that could be a vital point, or we may look on the 5 points dropped in the last two Alloa games as crucial come the end of the season. It does look like we might need to win at least one of our home games and another couple of away games. Nine points from here may well see us over the line.

Archived