Alloa v Raith Rovers

Bran Flakes should sort this out.

Weetabix is my breakfast staple. Works for me.

Not sure what dietary changes would be required to give me the urge to attend more away games. Although this season I may exceed my customary two away games. I'm already at two and even if we don't make the play-offs I can see a third away game happening.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm more worried about the ref than Alloa tbh.

Last game I remember him refereeing us at the Rec' was a Scottish cup tie and he was brutal and sent off Wullie Dyer.  :(

The narrow pitch may cause us some problems but on our current form it should still end with the points heading home to Fife.

Alloa are pish, we are on a good run and actually have a side that looks like scoring goals now.

The pitch (state of and now size) might well hinder us but hopefully won't stop us.

Fed up of all this bogey ground, always struggle nonsense, new team, new management, new horizon...

If we can get an early goal then can see us winning quite comfortably but any win will do come 4:50pm

It's hardly a bogey ground now anyway. Raith had a fairly lengthy 7 game winless run at Alloa while back, but they've won 3 of their last 4 visits.

Nothing much overall between the teams in the 3 stand alone games so far this season.

We won 3-0 earlier this season..?

Not much in the games over there, so taking nothing for granted.

All it takes is a wee slip up here and a Queens win on Sat, and they have their tails up for a game in hand.

Still, looking forward to the game.  These games have purpose and meaning now and I cant wait. 

There have been four goals in our last six league visits to the Recs (three 1-0 wins for us, one 1-0 for Alloa, two 0-0).

Not sure what it is but the two sides virtually always produce utterly rancid matches. I don't see that changing here to be honest, we've played a lot of games over the past few weeks and all of them have been 'bigger' for our season than what some may regard as a straight forward win over relegation fodder. Psychologically players and fans (as shown in this thread) can relax a bit and that can be dangerous.

I'd be delighted with any kind of win.

There have been four goals in our last six league visits to the Recs (three 1-0 wins for us, one 1-0 for Alloa, two 0-0).

Not sure what it is but the two sides virtually always produce utterly rancid matches. I don't see that changing here to be honest, we've played a lot of games over the past few weeks and all of them have been 'bigger' for our season than what some may regard as a straight forward win over relegation fodder. Psychologically players and fans (as shown in this thread) can relax a bit and that can be dangerous.

I'd be delighted with any kind of win.

Ive stuck a wee bit in the match programme this week, but have to say youre right- a lot of quite unmemorable games especially at Alloa.

The last cracker I remember was the 4-2 game at Starks in 13/14 season. The one where the lead changed hands, real back and forth stuff and Kirky missed that disastrous open goal. That was a belter that could have gone either way. Raiths 4th from Cardle came in the dying seconds when Alloa pushed everyone forward for an equaliser, so it was closer than the score maybe suggests.

Ive stuck a wee bit in the match programme this week, but have to say youre right- a lot of quite unmemorable games especially at Alloa.

The last cracker I remember was the 4-2 game at Starks in 13/14 season. The one where the lead changed hands, real back and forth stuff and Kirky missed that disastrous open goal. That was a belter that could have gone either way. Raiths 4th from Cardle came in the dying seconds when Alloa pushed everyone forward for an equaliser, so it was closer than the score maybe suggests.

That was indeed a cracker of a match. Kirk's miss was even worse than the tap-in he missed in a game at East End a year or so beforehand, to put Dunfemline 3-0 up - we then scored two last minute goals to get a draw.

I also seem to remember Alloa getting an absolutely hilarious penalty, where even Daryl Meggat, the 'fouled' party, burst out laughing.

The three points this weekend is much more important than the performance especially with the tough run of games ahead of us, I would gladly take a 0-1 win now again like we did last time we played them at the Rec

A massive game for us. A tough run of fixtures ahead makes this a must win. I think if we score early we will win by a couple but if it is 0-0 at half time a tight 1-0 is the most likely result. Hopefully we don't Hibs it - confident we won't.

Alloa is a cracking away day, especially as the train from Glasgow is direct. Buzzin!

Which games is it that Panatoyiou and Hardie miss? Next few games look tough so imperative that we get three points here before we lose those two for whichever game it is. 

Cuthbert

McKeown

Benedictus

Toshney

Thomson

Craigen

Robertson

Callachan

Connolly

Stewart

Hardie

Which games is it that Panatoyiou and Hardie miss? Next few games look tough so imperative that we get three points here before we lose those two for whichever game it is.

Cuthbert

McKeown

Benedictus

Toshney

Thomson

Craigen

Robertson

Callachan

Connolly

Stewart

Hardie

St Mirren away a week on Tuesday and Morton away 2 weeks today