Alloa v Raith Rovers

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raith lucky to get a point the poorest side in the play offs by a mile !!!!

considering we are in the last play off place and 15 points off 3rd would suggest we are the poorest side... Obvious Owen right here

I reckon McCord will be an Alloa player next season again as well. Thank f*ck for that is all I'm saying :lol:

We don't even know for sure who our manager will be next season. I'd be delighted if Ryan McCord did end up playing for us again though. I really enjoyed watching him play for Raith at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago, Raith ended up punting balls up the field after he went off. His mobility is obviously an issue and that's why he isn't playing in the top tier. You have to accept that and plan accordingly if you have McCord in your team. Tremendous passer of the ball though, classy footballer.

His mobility is obviously an issue and that's why he isn't playing in the top tier. You have to accept that and plan accordingly if you have McCord in your team. Tremendous passer of the ball though, classy footballer.

I'm blaming the quality of training he's getting at raith. I would take him and wee Kev back next season.

We don't even know for sure who our manager will be next season. I'd be delighted if Ryan McCord did end playing for us again though. I really enjoyed watching him play for Raith at Ibrox a couple of weeks ago, Raith ended up punting balls up the field after he went off. His mobility is obviously an issue and that's why he isn't playing in the top tier. You have to accept that and plan accordingly if you have McCord in your team. Tremendous passer of the ball though, classy footballer.

I agree, like the last Alloa game I think McCord would've made a positive difference to the Rovers, where his rang eof passing would certainly have helped against a compact Alloa defence. He's almost certainly out the door, and it is his lack of mobility that's the issue - but yeah he's a classy passer of the ball, and I think that talent could've been better used in some games this year.

McKinnon had tried to sign McCord on at least 2 occasions while Brechin manager, so he knew what he was getting. Maybe he thought the full time training would give him more of an engine. In the first game between the teams this season at Starks I thought he was excellent.

He played at Alloa a few weeks back in Development League match. He stood out a mile as Rovers won 4 0.

McCord seemed to get a bit of ribbing from the support as being overweight, never really thought that myself and I vaguely remember McKinnon saying at the start of the season that McCord was working hard in the gym to 'change his body'. Maybe he felt there was some fitness issues there as well. I was quite chuffed we signed him as I remembered him playing for Alloa and always thought he looked a decent player. Even during pre-season I thought he looked a decent addition, his eye for a pass was certainly his strong point. But as others have alluded to I think he'll be away when his contract is up. Interestingly that's three part time players McKinnon signed neither of which are getting games (Petrie - away out on loan, Megginson - now no longer even with us and McCord).  

EDIT: in fact scrap that as I don't think Petrie or Megs was part time before signing for us.

Archived