Alloa v Raith Rovers

Cannot wait! Train arrives in at 11:15!

Do we think the away crowd will be a bit better than last time seen as we are bang in form and it's a big game?

ETA:

1) is the pitch still 5 yards further in on both sides? If so how have the games been?

2) do Alloa fans think they will go for it and put in a performance as its a home game and the fixtures are running out? Or do you think the players will have thrown the towel in?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do we think the away crowd will be a bit better than last time seen as we are bang in form and it's a big game?

ETA:

1) is the pitch still 5 yards further in on both sides? If so how have the games been?

2) do Alloa fans think they will go for it and put in a performance as its a home game and the fixtures are running out? Or do you think the players will have thrown the towel in?

3) Any Alloa fans not taken their own lifes after witnessing Nade(yes, CHRISTIAN NADE!!) score his first ever hatrick tonight..?

ETA:

1) we need to keep it for a full round of home games, so it will be like that til the end of the season. I'm used to it now- its going as expected. A bit more compact, keepers goal kicks sailing out for throw ins. But its honestly not that drastic in terms of overall spectacle in my opinion.

2) We're more or less down now but I think we will look to pick up as many points as possible- we still dont have a home win so we'll certainly be looking to get that monkey off our backs. Jack Ross only has a contract to the end of the season too, so no guarantees at the moment he will be retained.

The merciless booing of your team after we won at Starks in January now seems utterly ridiculous in hindsight. Not just a Rovers problem of course. A lot of football fans are a fickle bunch, and every club has a portion of angry wee men within their support.

No disrespect to Alloa but this should be a hammering! However it could also definitely be a game for us to slip up on, foot off the gas, lackadaisical as f*ck! Hopefully I'm wrong though, as we are on a great run just now and it's an ideal away game.

How's Megginson been since signing for Alloa? When he played for us this season, I always rated him.

3-1 win to take us 9pts clear in 4th (Smurn & Queens to draw).

No disrespect to Alloa but this should be a hammering! However it could also definitely be a game for us to slip up on, foot off the gas, lackadaisical as f*ck! Hopefully I'm wrong though, as we are on a great run just now and it's an ideal away game.

How's Megginson been since signing for Alloa? When he played for us this season, I always rated him.

3-1 win to take us 9pts clear in 4th (Smurn & Queens to draw).

When did we last hammer a team in our own league? I would class a hammering as 4-0 or more. It's been a while.

It was the 5-0 of Morton back in March 2012 BM (Before Murray).

When did we last hammer a team in our own division away from home?

When did we last hammer a team in our own league? I would class a hammering as 4-0 or more. It's been a while.

It was the 5-0 of Morton back in March 2015 BM (Before Murray).

Grant Murray was here in March 2015..

It was the 5-0 of Morton back in March 2015 BM (Before Murray).

Despite our position we haven't suffered too many hammerings. Indeed the only real pummeling we have suffered at home this season was 5-1 against Rangers back in August. We have since drawn 1-1 with them at home. The last two games with Raith were a single goal victory for each side. It's a long way from a vintage Alloa side and perhaps Raith will indeed give us a doing, but there's no real evidence to suggest "this should be a hammering". 

We're down but hopefully the players will keep fighting as this game goes in the tough but winnable category.

Despite our position we haven't suffered too many hammerings. Indeed the only real pummeling we have suffered at home this season was 5-1 against Rangers back in August. We have since drawn 1-1 with them at home. The last two games with Raith were a single goal victory for each side. It's a long way from a vintage Alloa side and perhaps Raith will indeed give us a doing, but there's no real evidence to suggest "this should be a hammering".

We're down but hopefully the players will keep fighting as this game goes in the tough but winnable category.

If Hardie is on form, we should get goals. Not saying it'll be a hammering, just saying that the scoreline could be more than 1-0 either way, if he has a good day.

I've never been to Recreation Park (or the Indodrill...naw). I would have been up for attending this one but it clashes with my daughter's 6th birthday party, so I'm out.

I'd imagine that a few non-regular Rovers away fans will be thinking of making the short trip through.

I've never been to Recreation Park (or the Indodrill...naw). I would have been up for attending this one but it clashes with my daughter's 6th birthday party, so I'm out.

I'd imagine that a few non-regular Rovers away fans will be thinking of making the short trip through.

Bran Flakes should sort this out.

Archived