Medda to go for share issue

TheMeddaPie

Us Meadow fans have been informed about what has happened previously, mistakes made, voted on share issue & know about it. We have heard about fundraising and even had a few ideas of our own and do care about the future of our club. We are not going into fine detail and putting it all on Social media and let other fans try and pick holes in the ideas that Meadow fans and committee have come up with.

Speak to us at a game and happy to speak to you about it if you genuinely care what happens to Meadow and not just on the wind up.

The moving to Quarry Road is a long term potential solution but very very early talks and would have to be satisfactory for both the football club and the council. Even if doesn't go ahead 5 year debt repayment programme been put in place where wages are vastly reduced during this period and we may go down the Leagues but as long as I can watch Irvine Meadow every week I don't care whether playing Muirkirk or Pollok.

No worries bud

As I've said before I would never wish to see Meadow go out the game & my only query was wages etc . But yes I'd love to have a blether with you over a beer at either the Vale or your social club when we play. Will speak to you about it nearer the time & all the best with your fundraising

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mean I am wrong, or you are saying don't understand. Presume you are one of those responsible for a club that 'chased the dream' as long it was subsided by the honest tax payers.

Once the detail hits companies house I will give you a run down on the comedy show that medda has become.

You have no idea of any of the facts surrounding the proposed development, nor the funds that would become available if the Ground was sold, nor what the Ground is worth with planning permission. Why would Meadow not be allowed to sell their Park? It is theirs to sell and if the supporters agreed it was the right thing to do. The Ground with planning permission is worth far more than the level of debt. There are many bridges to cross before a move, if it happened, took place. Even if it didn't a Debt management agreement is in place over the next 5 years that will clear the Debt. This will be the main priority of the Club and wage levels will be realistic and achievable while repaying the Debt. The main focus will be the survival of the Club and when Debt is repaid we will come out of this in a much better place possibly with a new facility that would generate additional funds and this coupled with no Debt repayments will make for a better, sustainable future for Irvine Meadow.

Don't care if a don't know any of the facts...the fact is that any facility built using NAC funds should be available to any and all clubs in North Ayrshire... Medda should not get priority over any of them.

Don't care if a don't know any of the facts...the fact is that any facility built using NAC funds should be available to any and all clubs in North Ayrshire... Medda should not get priority over any of them.

Well if you're desperate to use it, book it and pay for it. I assume that's what IM will do. And there are loads of clubs who play in council owned venues - do you want all of them punted too?

Well if you're desperate to use it, book it and pay for it. I assume that's what IM will do. And there are loads of clubs who play in council owned venues - do you want all of them punted too?

You assume do you ?

It would just be like the Medda to sell their park pay off their debts then get free use of the facility while wasting more cash on players. They have been down this road a few seasons back...a community stadium...and that's when they had money. They can sell the park move in with Vic's and pay them.

You assume do you ?

It would just be like the Medda to sell their park pay off their debts then get free use of the facility while wasting more cash on players. They have been down this road a few seasons back...a community stadium...and that's when they had money. They can sell the park move in with Vic's and pay them.

Nah you're alright, they can stay up the top end.

Ahahaha knew you were gonna say that mate. Only winding these Medda bangers up.

Vic's in the Super, Medda in the District...that would bring them doon fae the Strain days.

It'll wind them right up if they get relegated from the super 1st next season n we don't hahaha

Plenty of posts on here about cutting Players wages and releasing Players.

Obviously if you were on the Committee of any Club you should be well aware that Players all have contracts and have to agree to any cut in wages or agree to move to another Club.Not a case of getting rid. Its not that easy.

So much rubbish and speculation posted on here.

Yes we have problems but they are being addressed. I'd like to think that I would be more sympathetic if any Club was in trouble but obviously there are those that love to spread the poison and gloat on another Clubs problems.

Really sad and pathetic.!!!!

I understand fully there are challenges in running a club, but the topic here is much more wide ranging.

What I am curious about is how a club like Meadow with significant success over the last decade can end up where they are today.

Junior clubs are thankfully totally different in their setup compared with senior clubs. Ownership of the clubs is with the supporters, they elect a committee of fellow supporters to run the club on a voluntary basis to the best of their abilities. At the AGM details of how the club is being run will be provided to the members, including the detail of the finances. Most clubs have a clause in their articles saying the club can't go into debt/overdrawn without the majority of the members voting in favour. And of course it is one man, one vote unlike companies limited by shares. The AGM is the opportunity for everyone to understand what is going on, in real detail.

Meadow gets higher levels of media coverage than most clubs, making them more attractive to sponsors, with an impressive list of sponsors on the website And of course they did have a major sponsor a few years back who bankrolled many ambitions. They have a good following with a claim of 2000 plus going to Easter Road in 2009 against Hibs. That game supposedly brought in £50-60K to Meadow. A nice windfall.

Racking up debts of £100k plus is not an overnight job. So how did it happen? Over what period? And what should have happened?

How many members does the club have?

How many members turned up to AGMs?

Was accurate financial information provided to the members?

Being a membership owned club, were key decisions made in a transparent and correct manner?

Did the committee have the right skills or access to them to allow them to do their job?

What advice did the auditors give to the committee regarding legality of continuing to trade given the fact the organisation was/is insolvent?

Did anyone warn the committee of the consequences of personal liabilities? (Jointly and severally)

Of course the SJFA should be involved with this, not to help out IM but to ensure other clubs don't make the same mistakes, as clearly mistakes were made. But first we need to know what those mistakes were. 

Archived