Medda to go for share issue

TheMeddaPie

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I was going to donate - because this isn't something where you get your money back I suspect - I'd want to know who the investors were, how much they had to put in and what they'd want in return. In any case, the folk who will put in multiples of £100 will definitely already be supporters of the club. That won't be any signal of wider long term commitment for the future. You'll have the same base you had before. It's hard to see how the club can attract more people from the community than they did during the good times when they had some good players being externally funded. You'd need to be a lunatic to "invest" in Junior football and look for a return. People who engage in sponsorship put in a bit and get a fair deal back. That's about the extent of it though. Most only put in a modest amount.

Why are Medda still bidding for players when they're skint and have liabilities to players in terms of wages owed? Where's the money coming from?

I'm not aware of any wages to players having been confirmed as owing. As far as I can see that's been denied by Meadow supporters on here and they've no pervious for talking bollocks.

If I was going to throw money at a team at that level I'd want some influence and control on where it was spent. I can only imagine that the board at most clubs would tell me to f*ck off if that was the case. Perhaps the case at Meadow?

Won't be complaining when my nazi gold is getting paying for a round in Amsterdam...

I'll put all my gold on you no buying a round till the Sunday. Prob as your departing for your flight 😂

All players have been paid in full and are up-to-date with wages.

A good few fundraising ideas being thought up and people working hard behind the scenes. No secret we have cash problems but we are facing up to them and will overcome them. Not going to happen overnight though. Medda will live on!

A good few fundraising ideas being thought up and people working hard behind the scenes. No secret we have cash problems but we are facing up to them and will overcome them. Not going to happen overnight though. Medda will live on!

What's the timescale for money to get paid back ?

Since when? As of last week wages were certainly owed, and that comes from inside the dressing room.

I'll put all my gold on you no buying a round till the Sunday. Prob as your departing for your flight

You'll be too out of it to notice anyway.

WRT to Meadow, while they can't just get rid of players without paying them, I'm sure one or two of the players there would probably find other clubs willing to pay similar money if there was no transfer fee involved in taking them there. I'd have thought that cutting outgoings to a minimum would be one of the first things to do if it was as serious as they are suggesting.

Haven't heard any news about Meadow's further meeting yesterday but sincerely hope that they have managed to get closer to some acceptable answer to their very serious position.

Is the 'share issue' still on the cards? No not shares in the football club, but shares in some new makey up company that has the potential to make scams at The Rangers appear to be good business practice. Are there still enough dafties around who can be suckered by this sort of nonsense?

Banning the media is usually a sure sign that the powers that be are up to no good.

Archived