Medda to go for share issue

TheMeddaPie

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Place is a shambles, only half stories being told, players only got a 3rd of their wages on Saturday.

Trying to offload players as we speak.

They deserved f**k all on Saturday after that display to be fair.

Not read the article but I imagine the constitution means some people are personally responsible for certain debts.

Is this correct ?

Certainly why I've never fancied being a director.

Where was all the concern when they were paying £250/£300 to players ?

Was always going to happen feel sorry for the real fans of the club,

Surely at the AGM the debt would have been shown on the books , so this might no be as big a shock to those who follow the club.

They are down now so would be sensible to release or sell players that are on decent cash now and bring in youth till end of season

We used to get a couple of Medda "fans" on the Talbot forum when they bought their league titles and left us in their wake in the Super League. No poblem with that, it's what forums are about. They haven't been on for a very long while now though with their loadsamoney attitude.

Sad to recall no end of Talbot fans told them where it would all end, and to enioy it while it lasted. They don't have to look far down the road to Kilwinning for precedent, and it's taken well over a decade for the Buffs to come back out of the mire. Could be a simialr lenght of time for the Medda by the look of things. You can buy titles, but you can't buy class or stability unfortunately. Hope they pull through though.

Sad state of affairs, no love lost to medda feeling the pressure, while at the same time would be disappointed to see them fold. We need healthy competition in our game and they are one of Ayrshire giants. Get it sorted out medda, and ffs learn a lesson. You have had more hard cash than most clubs can only dream about in recent years but squandered it. Don't let it happen again.

Wonder if Mr Weir from Largs has had a wee letter?

Feel genuinly sorry for the good meadow guys on here in Shannon , Stuart and Jack although I can't have much sympathy in meadows current predicament after the way they've been spending hugely on wages in particular under Chris strain when wages of between £250 /£300 per week for individual players were being banded about, there's no way that meadow with poor home crowds considering the size of Irvine could ever sustain it and despite cutting down the wages the last several years they will still have been paying good wages I suspect .

In a way I feel meadow have partly been the catalyst for other junior teams to also spend far too much on wages too and back in the £250 a week for a player days they bought so many players that lots of guys couldn't all get a game for them at the one time so they touted themselves to other clubs , other clubs couldn't quite match what was on offer at meadow , ï¸ï¸however themselves in turn offered comparable crazy wages at maybe half what meadow were offering and it's set the tone ever since for junior players to have never been richer through playing at our level .

It's not all the meadows fault of course but other clubs had to raise the wage bar too in an effort to compete with them , to keep junior teams alive at the top level nowadays is a business and it's beyond a committee of normal guys without contacts to keep a junior team at the very top level .

Remember when Gavin Friels said he joined Meadow to pay his mortgage. That's why they are in the trouble they are in.

I do hope they get something sorted though and don't go out the game, don't want to see that happening to any team

Spot on about friels. Didn't want him back at Talbot and even more so when he went to the papers saying he shouldn't have returned. It appears he went to the me££a on a money grab which you can't fault.

Very sorry about the situation they are in but a part of me is saying they brought it on themselves with rash spending and pay. :-/

Not read the article but I imagine the constitution means some people are personally responsible for certain debts.

Is this correct ?

Certainly why I've never fancied being a director.

Yes, this is the way of most Junior clubs, where the Committee members are personally liable for debts (IIRC correctly this was where Stenhousemuir came a cropper in their courtcase with Berwick Rangers et al vs Rangers in the 1960s as they were the only one still run as a club run by an elected committee rather than a board of directors of a limited company).

It was one of the reasons for the move to limited company status for football clubs in the game - even amateurs like Queen's Park are registered as such.  Fan owned clubs such as Gretna and Stirling Albion are also limited companies.

In a way I feel meadow have partly been the catalyst for other junior teams to also spend far too much on wages too and back in the £250 a week for a player days they bought so many players that lots of guys couldn't all get a game for them at the one time so they touted themselves to other clubs , other clubs couldn't quite match what was on offer at meadow , ï¸ï¸however themselves in turn offered comparable crazy wages at maybe half what meadow were offering and it's set the tone ever since for junior players to have never been richer through playing at our level .

It's not all the meadows fault of course but other clubs had to raise the wage bar too in an effort to compete with them , to keep junior teams alive at the top level nowadays is a business and it's beyond a committee of normal guys without contacts to keep a junior team at the very top level .

No, Medda weren't the catalyst, that was Auchinleck Talbot.

By the time the rest of Junior football realised just how far ahead they'd streaked from exemplary management on & off the field of play (especially their capacity for raising finance), they were already a small dot on the horizon. But instead of copying the Talbot model, too many like Bathgate, etc. decided to try & cut corners by flinging money at it rather than investing in long term projects & infrastucture that would make clubs attractive to players and fans alike for beyond merely the "good seasons".

The one crumb of comfort Medda fans have is still having one of the finest non-league grounds & pitches in Scotland to fall back upon thanks to the foresight of earlier & wiser heads in charge - that's what makes me confident they will weather this storm, hopefully the wiser for it.

Going back to 2009 when 3D Golf plc pulled out as their sponsors (before going down the pan) Meadow had a loan of £175,000 from 3D Golf. According to the Daily Record this was written off in 3D Golf's accounts as sponsorship. They also had "real" sponsorship of £60K +.

Was all this wiped out by the Hibs game? I thought they had learned their lesson from this and HAD cut spending from the ridiculous levels. I can't say I've paid too much attention to Junior football since 2009 but is it possible that while all the other debts may have been cleared by the Hibs game the tax bill remained. Up until 3 years ago hefty tax bills could be built up as HMRC would only know the tax situation of a club in April each year. Since then clubs have to inform HMRC on or before each payment.

So I guess what I'm really asking is how far back does this current financial crisis stretch and was the last one ever actually resolved?

Why not sell up and ground share with Irvine Vics? 

The suggested share issue still comes below the level of debt - raising £50k and owing £75k - so not exactly a total solution - more delaying the inevitable.

At least the ground share option would potentially see benefits for both.  Medda can clear their debt and with any surplus could use to help fund improvements to the Vics park.

Ok such a solution may not be universally popular with the respective supports - but would at face value seem the most logical idea

Why not sell up and ground share with Irvine Vics?

The suggested share issue still comes below the level of debt - raising £50k and owing £75k - so not exactly a total solution - more delaying the inevitable.

At least the ground share option would potentially see benefits for both. Medda can clear their debt and with any surplus could use to help fund improvements to the Vics park.

Ok such a solution may not be universally popular with the respective supports - but would at face value seem the most logical idea

Kill 2 birds with 1 stone

Why don't the 2 Irvine teams merge and make Irvine stronger

You know ground sharing will never happen

Archived