Natalie McGarry- Again

Tom McB

15 minutes ago, steelmen said:

Not quite, The Proceeds of Crime team will be after her now. everything she used the money for (a house or houses I'm guessing ) will be totted up and taken from her.

How many houses do you get for £25,000 these days?

Some people are just dishonest and give in to temptation. I think a lot of these grassroots groups are also run on trust and people can be presented with opportunities they find hard to pass up. People can also justify it to themselves - “I’m only borrowing it”, “I’ll pay it back” or “I’m doing so much work I deserve it”.

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

Weird. She must want something changed in the narrative. Must be something to do with how it's going to be summed up prior to sentencing or something like that, as you say it surely can't change anything as there is now no verdict to reach on any charge. Maybe an elite legal mind can help us here @The OP

I've never practiced criminal law only studied it but the PF will read out  a version of events detailing her conduct which led to the charges to which she has plead guilty and generally by accepting guilt you accept everything they say as true. All your lawyer can do is mitigate on your behalf. Presumably there are aspects of the PF's version of events with which she disagrees and she doesn't want them to say, even if she accepts the truth of the overall charges. 

Edited by The OP

2 hours ago, Rugster said:

How many houses do you get for £25,000 these days?

wrong wording.  the £25k helps pay the deposit on the house... the house is, therefore, criminal property and that can be her benefit figure but then if she sells or rents that for a profit and put the money into another property, that too gets put into her benefit figure.

So any money she makes that comes from that initial amount can be taken as part of POC

Wonder how much of a strain that would put on your marriage? Shes only married a couple of years I believe and now has a baby too

Imagine you married the girl of your dreams and started a family then discovered she stole £25k?  Would you still trust her in the same way? 

Just putting a different slant on it... 

4 hours ago, steelmen said:

Not quite, The Proceeds of Crime team will be after her now. everything she used the money for (a house or houses I'm guessing ) will be totted up and taken from her.

She had a brass fucking neck before she went on the pauchle  so she'll still have that.

2 hours ago, Colkitto said:

Wonder how much of a strain that would put on your marriage? Shes only married a couple of years I believe and now has a baby too

Imagine you married the girl of your dreams and started a family then discovered she stole £25k?  Would you still trust her in the same way? 

2 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Depends if she's got big tits and can cook or not.

2 hours ago, Zen Archer said:

She had a brass fucking neck before she went on the pauchle  so she'll still have that.

If she had big tits and could cook I'd overlook the brass neck, tbh.

She’s married to a Tory, he’ll have the morals of a sewer rat.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-48121478

Trying to say she not guilty now and withdraw her guilty plea,

Former SNP MP Natalie McGarry cannot withdraw guilty pleas

Natalie McGarryImage copyrightPA Image captionMs McGarry sought to have her guilty pleas withdrawn

A sheriff has refused to allow former SNP MP Natalie McGarry to withdraw her guilty pleas to charges of embezzlement.

Ms McGarry, 37, last week pleaded guilty to embezzling more than £25,000 from pro-Independence organisations.

At that time she was representing herself.

Her new solicitor, Allan Macleod, asked for both pleas to be withdrawn, and for Sheriff Paul Crozier to remove himself from proceedings.

He said his client had felt she had no choice but to tender a plea, as the circumstances were prejudicial against her.

The former MP for Glasgow East had admitted taking £21,000 from the group Women for Independence while in her role as treasurer.

She also admitted embezzling a further £4,500 from the Glasgow regional association of the SNP.

Prosecutors had opposed the motion to withdraw the pleas and Sheriff Crozier rejected the motion.

The case has been adjourned until next week.